Success in any business starts with detailed planning and choosing the right strategy. And Instagram is no exception. It is not enough just to publish a photo, even of very good quality, it is not enough to write a good text to gain the trust of subscribers. You need to know your audience, their preferences and interests, and draw up a content plan.
How to make a content plan we have already talked about in another Article and in this one I want to tell you when it is best to post on Instagram.
When to post on Instagram
Instagram continues to evolve, so if you're just starting to find your place in the sun, consider the strategic factor behind Instagram's business success: publication times and peak activity.
Take into account the specific behaviors of the target audience, but do not neglect general statistics, and use them to chart the publication schedule.
- CoSchedule and TruConversion sites have told users when to post on Instagram. Experts say that publications made on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday show a very high level of engagement, and on Sunday the audience is the least active. Here it is worth noting that the weekend publications collect the fewest likes, views, and comments. That is why leave the best posts for weekdays. Also, according to CoSchedule, posts published at 7-9 a.m. are perceived better by users and receive a good response. Experts consider 5 p.m. and 2 a.m. to be a good evening time to post. But it's a bad time to publish on weekdays at 3-4 p.m.
- The delayed-posting service Hopper has figured out when to post to Instagram. The most popular time for Instagram posts was 7.30am in the morning during the workweek and 11am on weekends.
Information from different companies on this issue may vary, but there are general trends:
- On weekdays, the audience is active, especially between 7 and 9 a.m. In the evenings, from 5 p.m.
- Don't post on weekdays from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. - it's not the best time to post on Instagram.
- On weekends, you can start content-storming your subscribers from 11am.
Important! These conclusions are drawn by companies based on general statistics. To keep track of when it's best to post to Instagram, analyze profile statistics based on the time of the top posts.
When to post on Instagram: Analytics from Websta
To get the most out of their profile, business account holders are constantly looking for the best time to post to Instagram. The Websta online service provides the most accurate profile statistics.
To get an analysis of user activity:
- Sign up using your Instagram account.
- Go to "Optimization."
- You will see this window. On the graph: vertical axis on the left, days of the week; horizontal axis on the clock.
- Circles are user activity. The larger the circle, the more likes and comments the posts posted in this time interval received.
- Move your cursor over the circle. You will see the number of publications at that time, the response these posts have received in aggregate.
- The accuracy of statistics depends directly on the number of posts already published. On my timeline, you see that posts on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday collect few likes and comments. With such accurate statistics, I made adjustments to my monthly publication schedule, and this helped me get a lot more coverage.
How often and when to post on Instagram
Between 1 and 3 posts should appear on your profile every day. Take a break of no less than 2 hours and no more than 4 hours between publications. Analyze the subject matter of your blog: if you keep Instagram about cats, your audience will not tire of their paws in the feed, and you will easily find information for texts, but if you keep a profile of a medical institution, you will find it difficult to write 3 times a day about operations, vaccinations, and diagnostics.
As for posting videos on Instagram, the best time to post them is after 8pm. At this time, users tend to be freer and crave entertainment content after work. This also applies to live broadcasts.
For doing business on Instagram, there are common rules for entrepreneurs: think about strategy, work with statistics, analyze results, make corrections to the process. Once you have developed a strategy for promoting your account, specify the time you think is best. Start publishing to get early feedback. Based on your profile statistics, you can tell when it's best to post your own Instagram posts. Times can change during holidays or vacations, so keep an eye out.