Instagram is one of the most used social networks, and its popularity is growing by the day. The level of banner blindness is not high, and competitors have not yet all switched to targeting. From the survey you will learn how to advertise on Instagram, the existing types of ads and their customization, how to calculate the budget and assume the effectiveness of the campaign.
What an Instagram ad looks like
Advertisements on Instagram appear in feed or Stories in three formats:
The promo post is necessarily labeled "Advertisement" and can call for action: like, post a comment, join the public, etc. d.
Why advertise on Instagram
An advertising campaign is a tool to achieve a company's goal or goal. What Instagram can help with:
- Increase sales. According to research, goods with an average price of up to 5 are well promoted on the social network. 000 roubles. But Instagram will be a poor helper for promoting products with pre-trained users.
- To attract visitors to the site. Fine targeting settings and a high level of Instagrammer activity will help.
- Find potential customers.
- Increase brand awareness. Maintain trust and reputation. Create an image and promote the company's philosophy.
- Boost site conversion.
- To draw attention to goods and services.
- Tell us about new ideas and actions.
- Attract subscribers.
- Increase the activity of followers: "Like," reposts, comments, video views.
- Recruit an audience for events.
- Increase interest in the firm's offers.
And that is not the whole list.
Advertisement on Instagram: views and costs
Types of advertising on Instagram:
- advertising cabinet on Facebook;
- promotion through bloggers.
Let's talk about the first kind in more detail.
Targeted ads via Instagram
Before, Instagram didn't have its own advertising office. The campaign was set up only through Facebook. Now the social network has included features to create a promo post, but they are still few compared to Facebook Ads. The latter option is suitable for advanced promotion.
How to create an Instagram ad campaign
- Tap in your account settings and switch to your company profile.
- Choose a post to promote. The last 15 of your feed are available.
- Edit the text. Pay attention to the title, to the overall impression of the visual content: the reader evaluates within 0.2 seconds whether he will read the post or scroll further. Add a call to action. It can be direct or covert.
- Press "Promote." The target selection window will open: .; (a) Increasing the number of visitors to Instagram profiles; .; b) increase in site traffic; .; c) to communicate information to people living at a certain address. .; Choose a target. In the settings, it can be changed.
- Take the time to preview the ad. Check the buttons, the general visual appearance, and the text of the advertisement. Correct mistakes, typos, delete bad photos.
- Specify the destination. If you choose to "Increase Profile Attendance," the profile name will appear in the field, and if you choose to "Increase Website Attendance," you will need to specify the address of the resource to which the user will go. You can leave your phone number and address.
- Select the action buttons: .; (a) More information; .; b) To the shop; .; c) Book; .; d) Registration; .; e) Contact us.
- The next box is the audience. Even before an advertising campaign, you carry out a detailed analysis of who and why the ad is intended for. It is important to plan everything from the outset, so that budget and time are not wasted. Instagram offers two types of target audience creation: .; (a) automatically; .; b) manually. .; Check the automatic way if you want to leave this question to algorithms. The manual method involves filling in the following fields: .; title; .; c) the location of Central Asia; .; d) interests (from 4 to 10); .; e) age; .; (e) Gender.
- To delete an audience, tap the i icon.
- The next items are budget and duration. You can choose from the options offered or write your own amount from 20 roubles. Choose one day, one week, or specify your own. Tie a card to which funds will be debited at the end of the promotion.
- After the settings are completed, the ad is sent to moderation. Within 24 hours, it will be checked for: .; a) compliance with advertising promotion rules; .; b) the correctness of the said site; .; c) the existence of the product.
- Once it is moderated, you can look at the statistics and check the budget spent. At any time, the advertisement can be stopped and removed. .; We will discuss the main problems that arise when creating ads below.
The recording was not moderated: reasons and rules
The main problems that an advertiser may face when launching a campaign are:
- no business profile on Instagram;
- Facebook advertising debt;
- the photo format does not meet the requirements;
- no right to administer a linked page;
- blocking a Facebook page;
- text exceeds 300 characters;
- advertising is misleading and untrue;
- prohibited content.
Instagram advertising rules:
- The advertising cabinet is available for business pages on Instagram. Ordinary accounts cannot work with promo-post settings. .; a) select "Switch to your company profile"; .; b) Create a personal Facebook account; .; c) check that you are its administrator of the brand page; .; d) Tie both pages to your Instagram account. .; Information from Facebook is not available for viewing by Instagram's audience. They are only needed to run an advertising cabinet.
- Image size: .; a) a square of 600 x 600 to 1936 x 1936 pixels; .; b) a rectangle in album orientation from 600x315 to 1936x1936; .; c) a rectangle in book orientation ranging from 600x750 to 1936x1936.
- Aspect ratios: .; a) a square of 1x1; .; b) Landscape orientation: 1.91: 1 .; c) Book orientation: 4: 5.
- The size of the video should not exceed 4 GB.
- The image, the text must correspond to the advertised product and the audience that will see the ad.
- Check that the addresses and contacts entered are correct. Perhaps when you go to your page, the user gets an error.
- You cannot advertise: .; (a) Illegal goods; .; b) tobacco products; .; c) medicines; .; d) drugs; .; e) dangerous food additives; .; (e) Weapons; .; g) goods 18 +; .; h) Spyware.
- Prohibited: .; (a) Promote discrimination; .; b) infringe on the rights of third parties; .; c) Shocking material; .; d) indicate personal characteristics; .; e) materials that are misleading; .; (e) Controversial issues: political, economic and others; .; g) non-functioning links to websites; .; h) resources that cannot be abandoned; .; i) illiterate advertisements; .; j) indicate non-existent characteristics; .; l) before / after photos; .; m) loans; .; n) quick profits; .; o) Scandinavian auctions; .; n) low-quality materials; .; p) automatic reproduction of advertisements; .; (c) Financial schemes associated with fraud.
- Types of goods for which prior written permission or special targeting settings are required: .; (a) Alcoholic products and references to them; .; b) Dating; .; c) real-money gambling; .; d) state lotteries; .; e) online pharmacies; .; (e) Food supplements; .; g) financial services; .; h) branded materials; .; i) loans for training; .; k) political announcements.
- There are separate rules for video. Aggressive methods of attracting attention should not be used. Written permission is required for movie, TV, etc. d. Prohibited: .; a) Drugs and alcohol; .; b) 18 + materials; .; c) bloody scenes; .; d) obscene language.
Facebook sends an explanation letter when it disapproves of an ad campaign. Read, edit the post as required and save the changes. The post will be moderated again.
If you disagree with the decision, write a complaint to https: / / www. Facebook. com / help / contact / 1582364792025146 / .
Advertising on Instagram: Examples
The cost of Instagram ads
The cost and effectiveness of advertising on Instagram depends on the way it is placed. .; Targeting implies a fee for actions: a user likes, comments, subscribes to a page or newsletter. But it is considered more aggressive, and with an illiterate approach does not inspire confidence in the audience. But it is more profitable for low-cost goods, which will pay off quickly.
Bloggers "posts will be more expensive: you need to invest in writing a post, and for the duration of the lease.
Agencies will be cheaper. In addition to hosting bloggers, they use special analytical tools to weed out sites with high bot content. They monitor the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and edit ineffective ones.
The cost of publications is affected by the following factors:
- outreach to the audience;
- recognizability of the blogger;
- Audience engagement;
For example, at venues of several hundred thousand fans will be in the region of 10. 000 roubles. One million subscribers between 30,000 and 50,000 for one post, and a multimillion-dollar audience is several hundred thousand per post.
Which Instagram ads are more effective?
The most effective advertisements on Instagram are considered ads from bloggers. They are usually nimble and not as aggressive as targeting. Blogger's authority plays a role: advertising looks like a normal recommendation. He tried something and now advises subscribers, telling his story and the benefits, impressions. The reach and engagement of the audience is high because they believe more in live recommendations than in faceless pictures. Bloggers often receive the advertised product free of charge.
In terms of formats, video is the most attractive: a short video shows all the information about the product or service.
Your target audience on Instagram? Now you know whether advertising on Instagram works, how effective it is. Set it up correctly with the tools and interest analysis offered. This will do more good for business.