Instagram is one of the fastest-growing platforms, with developers regularly introducing new options and features to the public. In 2017, for example, an important event for the entire blogging community took place: Stories acquired the function of publishing animated images and images of gifs. Next, let's take a closer look at what a gif is on Instagram, and talk about how to add it.
Features of using a GIF
Instagram's gif is the most up-to-date and trending presentation format that activates visual perception. It makes it easy to share feelings, emotions, and experiences with the public, increasing their reach and activism. Currently, it is at the peak of popularity, serving as an effective tool for promotion, attracting new subscribers.
GIFs are animated pictures and images. About a decade ago, they were ubiquitous, replacing standard and familiar videos. The rapid development of innovative services and mobile technologies has pushed gif files into the background, making way for something newer and more interesting. Last year, however, Instagram brought them back to their former glory by adding stickers to the Stories section.
Today, GIF stickers are actively used by Instagram bloggers to:
- Creating bright and colorful content;
- visualization of text messages;
- more emotional presentation of information;
- attracting new subscribers;
- more outreach to the audience, more activism.
When used properly, GIFs become an effective commercial tool that can stimulate sales and promote the product on social media. The scope for their application is vast.
GIF stickers for Stories
Typically, Instagram users use gifs when posting Stories. They make it possible to diversify content, make it more vivid and memorable.
Step-by-step instructions on how to attach a gif to Storey's Instagram:
- Launch an app on your smartphone
- Log in by entering your login and password
- Click on the Add Stories button
- Slip the screen up or press the button in the top right corner
- A menu will open in which you must select a GIF sticker section. .; Once you have completed these steps, you will be transferred to the GIPHY catalog of popular hyphens. If none of the animations above fits Story, you can use the search engine.
How to find a gif on Instagram
GIPHY is the most powerful library of GIFs on the Internet. It is with this that Instagram supports integration, allowing its users to post funny memes and pictures.
Step-by-step instructions on how to search for a gif on Instagram:
- Go to the GIF stickers section from the Stories menu
- In the GIPHY search box, enter a key query
- Choose the appropriate animation. .; Remarkably, you will get a greater choice of hyphens if you enter a query in English.
Instagram offers users an extensive GIF gallery, but you don't have to use it. You can add your own animated sticker and potentially get multimillion-dollar coverage. How to upload a gif to Instagram, we'll tell you below.
Create a GIF in 3 Steps
Do you have a GIF file that you would like to share with subscribers by attaching it to Stories? This is a good reason to create an animated sticker. Here is a detailed guide to how to make a gif on Instagram yourself.
Step # 1
As noted above, gifki on Instagram are based on an electronic library of animated GIPHY files, so, first of all, you will need to open an account with this service and go through the verification procedure. The good news is that it is easy and does not take much time. A bad blogger with a small number of followers will not be able to verify a profile.
Having passed verification, you automatically get access to all the tools of the service, you can interact with its artists and designers, and order from them the development of hyphens.
Step-by-step instructions on how to register with the service:
- Follow the link - giphy. com / join / apply / brand
- Fill in all the blank lines
- Check the box next to "Register as a brand / artist."
Once you have completed your registration, fill in your personal data and wait for verification to be completed.
Step # 2
After passing the verification, it is possible to start downloading the author's hyphens. Note that GIFs will be displayed in IG Stories only when they are placed as stickers.
When creating GIF stickers, you should follow the following rules:
- must be executed in GIF format (APNG is not currently supported)
- minimum size: 500-600 pixels, height and width even
- RGB Color Mode
- GIFs should be logged when exporting.
When adding an author's sticker package, be sure to tag and describe it so that other users can use it later. Each GIF sticker is supposed to contain between 5 and 10 tags.
Because the stickers are small, GIPHY advises making them visually clear. At the same time, bright and funny animations are the most popular with the public. Given these circumstances, you can create a trend pack of GIF stickers.
Step # 3
After downloading the stickers, check if they appear in the general search on Instagram. To do this, type a key phrase or tag into the appropriate line and click the Find button.
Experience of large Instagram-channels shows that a full-fledged download of a package of stickers takes about a week. After this time, all published GIFs begin to appear when you search for key queries.
Can I publish a GIF in the main feed?
Instagram allows its users to freely share photos and videos. As for GIFs, they won't be published on the social network, they will be posted as standard static images, and they will lose all their appeal. In this case, there are a number of third-party services and applications that offer to convert a gif into a video.
A selection of apps for posting GIFs to Instagram:
- Maker for Instagram is distributed on iOS, free, includes built-in purchases
- GifLab is available for Apple products, priced at $1.99 in the App Store, no ads
- GIFHY CAM is suitable for Android smartphones, distributed free of charge.
Step-by-step instructions for using such apps, using the example of "Maker for Instagram":
- Download the app to your smartphone, run it
- Click on the All Photos button.
- Choose an animation for publication .; The program will offer to edit the video: adjust the duration, frequency, etc. d. , set the parameters
- Click on "Convert to video."
After performing these steps, all you have to do is save the video to your smartphone by clicking on the button located in the lower left corner of the screen.
From the gallery, you can add it to any social network in a standard way.