.; Today, Instagram users are ambivalent about the hashtag tool. Some consider them effective and useful, while others believe that they can be done without. Let's take it one by one.
What are the hashtags to promote Instagram
The hashtag is a word that has a special grating sign in front of it. This symbol plays the role of a link within a social network. With the help of hashtags, you can highlight / mark posts that belong to a particular topic. Tags also help create separate categories of posts.
No more than 30 hashtags can be added to each post, and the words are no longer displayed as links, but as plain text. Hashtags can be included both in the description of the post and in the comments of the post's owner. When setting up a hashtag, it is important to consider the time: if the tags are put much later, the post will no longer appear in TOP. Hashtags can be used for stories as well, and their functionality is the same.
Why hashtags are needed
The most common answer is that hashtags are needed for Instagram to promote. In fact, they have a broader functionality:
- For sorting material by subject. Initially, these notations were created so that users could separate publications on one topic from posts on another topic. For example, it is very convenient to find all posts dedicated to the summer by clicking on the appropriate mark in the search.
- For organization of categories and headings. Many company accounts / prominent bloggers often post topical posts about a particular issue. To ensure that posts are categorized and not mixed into a single information stream, they are shared using their own personal tags. For example, # melomanconquers the internet, # talkmeloman, # everything you need to know about meloman, and so on.
- For competitions and other similar campaigns. Virtually all of today's contest mechanics use this tool to track results and increase the recognition of the account-organizer.
- Collecting material on UGC. UGC allows companies and brands to find publications and materials about them. For example, visitors to the cafe post reviews and photos from the place. The cafe administrator can use tags to find this material, keep in touch with customers, respond to negative feedback, and solve a problem. This has a positive impact on the overall status and prestige of the organization.
- Attracting new users, new potential customers. As has been said before, hashtags are Insta links. That is, if the client typing a certain query into the search bar will be able to find you by tags. For example, if a person wants to order a meal, he or she will enter a corresponding query into the search. If your posts are marked with the hashtag # delivery _ city _ name or # drying _ city _ name, the user will see your company's offer.
Ban for hashtags
Recently, instagrammers have been actively discussing the subject of ban for tags. There is an opinion that the social network bans users for certain tags, as a result, the account does not appear in the TOP issuance. In fact, it is a myth.
Technical support Instagram issued a rebuttal to this information and explained that the algorithms for forming the TOP posts according to the hashtag are quite complicated. Not all publications can, in principle, claim to be among the best. For this reason, there are situations when a post is not displayed by a particular tag.
It is important to bear in mind that there is also a list of prohibited tags. These include hashtags that contain profane language, violence, and sexual text.
Top Instagram hashtags to promote
If a publication appears in the TOP-10 most popular on a particular tag, it brings the account additional subscriptions, likes and a wide audience reach, which is especially relevant for business accounts. To date, there are three groups of hashtags:
- Low-frequency (up to 50 thousand posts).
- Medium-frequency (over 50 thousand posts).
- High frequency (over 100,000 posts).
Depending on the size of your account, use the appropriate ticks. The fewer subscribers you have, the less frequent the mark should be. For publication to reach the top requires a successful confluence of a huge number of factors. One of the main factors here is the speed of typing likes and comments. Here are some tips on how to use hashtags to promote Instagram to make it into the top 10:
- First, we select the tag we want to follow.
- Below, we look at what the TOP publications look like for the selected one at the moment.
- If regular posts on your account receive far fewer likes than TOP posts, choose a less sought-after tag.
- Then calculate the time when your subscribers are most active (usually 11-12 a.m. and 7-9 p.m.). Better to approach this process consciously: Popsters will help you track your audience's activity statistics.
- Publish the entry and mark it.
An alternative way to become a TOP member is to display stories with a tag. Getting on the list of the most popular stories by hashtag is much easier.
The best hashtags to promote Instagram
So, the mechanism of marking is considered. Now let's figure out which hashtags to use to promote Instagram. More often than not, users search for popular tags with a common theme and focus. Below you can see what the top of one of the tags looks like.
Many of these options focus on mutual subscriptions and liaisons. When. The network was at the beginning of its development and was just gaining momentum, users really honestly liked each other and signed up. Now, with such a hashtag, you will only attract masslickers and massfollovers, which is not good for your account.
Below are the most popular hashtags for mutual likes and mutual subscriptions. Don't overdo it when using them. Note that you can't get to the top of them and, most likely, in the general tape you will go down quite quickly.
Here is a simple way to enter the TOP of issuance by a certain tag without cheating:
- Make a post and leave under it the 30 most popular tags to promote Instagram according to a particular request.
- After 10 minutes, we remove all the assigned tags and instead write new thematic ones, which have a much lower frequency, they will always be in this publication.
This mechanism is not the gold standard of promotion and does not provide a 100% result, use it or choose other schemes to decide for you.
Search for hashtags to promote on Instagram
A fairly popular question is which hashtags to promote on Instagram, which ones to find. Specialized services can be used for this purpose. For example, MyTager. It is also possible to pay attention to the issuance of recommendations during a search, as shown in the figure:
The effect of hashtag promotion
Of course, one should not hope that by writing a hashtag, you will secure an influx of your target audience. You are likely to get 20-30 additional likes from irrelevant users, which is not a bad result either. Experts recommend using Instagram hashtags for promotion in Russian and English in conjunction with other tools and mechanisms.
To achieve maximum results, experts recommend selecting up to 10 tags that are strictly relevant to the topic of the post. To do this, you can browse competitive accounts and borrow a couple. Don't forget that all nouns are written in a name case. Don't build long and complex phrases and phrases, simplify the message as much as possible.
Here are some tips on how to use tags properly:
- Every hashtag is a finished thought. Whole sentences made up of hashtags look ugly at best, and useless at most. For example, # me # want # many # likes.
- Don't use other people's or companies "personal hashtags. Duplicating someone else's tags will only confuse the true author's subscribers and cause their negativity in your direction.
- Don't forget that your subscribers read the tags, they pay attention to them. Therefore, it is not advisable to write text that is not typical for your publications. For example, prescribe # iamsupermodel # supergirl and so on.
Be sure that the tags correspond to the publication itself.
Analyze the Hashtags
Any tool used needs to be analyzed to determine whether it works or can be discarded. Specialized services, such as Popsters, would be useful. Here you can control the statistics of your account as well as those of your competitors. For maximum clarity, the results are presented here in graphs.
A chart called "Hashtags" shows how many posts on a particular topic have been published in a given period of time. The resource also allows you to identify the most popular tags.
The chart "Hashtags / ER" shows the average ER for posts where tags have been used. It can be used to analyze the effect of competitions or other activities.
- The hashtag serves as a link within the social network. Instagram helps you find current posts and makes it much easier to maintain an account.
- You can add 30 tags to one post, but it is better to limit it to 5-10 pieces.
- Don't expect a stunning result from tag writing.
- You can find thematic marks in the issuance of recommendations and on specialized services.
- To find the most appropriate hashtags, you can scroll through competitors "profiles, but don't use personal tags.
- Statistics need to be analyzed to assess the impact of adding hashtags.