Instagram is a dynamic social network that attracts more users every day. Recent updates have given it a number of new features that significantly extend the boundaries of account management. In particular, the app has the ability to stream live, send messages to Direct, and publish Stories. Below, we detail how to add Storis to Instagram from the gallery.
What are Stories?
In August 2016, the app's developers unveiled a new update called "Instagram Stories." Thanks to it, account holders can create photos and short videos lasting 15 seconds, which are displayed in a special feed on the Main tab. A key feature of such publications is that they are publicly available for exactly 24 hours and then archived.
In essence, it is a kind of topical news feed, whose content is sorted in order of ranking. When publishing Stories, a user can:
- Process photos or videos online. It has eleven filters: Oslo, Lagos, Melbourne, Jakarta, Abu Dhabi, Buenos Aires, New York, Jaipur, Cairo, Tokyo, Rio De Janeiro.
- Add different stickers: geo-data, temperature, stickers or emojis.
- Mark other accounts.
- Create a poll.
- Add a "Questions" button, allowing other users to ask anonymously.
- Attach a GIF image to a published photo or video.
You can take a photo or video in real time or add a Story to Instagram from the gallery. The second option is more convenient, as it allows you to select the most successful material. It will also allow you to publish not only your own photos, but also those that have been saved to your device.
How to upload an Instagram Story from a gallery
First of all, you should check the version of the downloaded application. In the outdated boot icon, Storis simply does not exist. If you have one of the latest versions installed, open the app and log in by entering your credentials, login and password. After completing these steps, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions on how to add a Story from the gallery to Instagram:
- In the Main tab, which automatically starts when you log in to your profile, you will find a circular button with an account photo and a "+" icon, followed by the words "Your Story." It is located in the left corner of the upper panel. Click on it.
- Alternatively, open the Main tab and make a left-to-right swap, changing the Stories mode from the standard to the Stories mode.
- The camera opens. For Stories, you can shoot photos or videos in real time or use film. How to make Storis on Instagram from a gallery? Swipe the screen up. A directory will be displayed, from which you can select any image or video recording.
- Click on the photo or video you plan to publish.
After that, you can start editing: changing filters, adding stickers, etc. d. To lock the Story into the ribbon, press the round button with the "+" icon located in the center of the bottom panel of the screen.
Can Stories be deleted?
Now that we have fully figured out how to post Stories on Instagram from the gallery, let's talk about how to remove them. After all, even though the materials remain active for only 24 hours, you may want to get rid of them much earlier. .; Step-by-step instructions on how to remove Storis from the tape:
- Open it. There are two ways to do this. First, go to the Main tab and click on the "Your Story" button. Second, open the account tab and click on the profile photo. After that, the viewing process will start.
- In the lower right corner of the screen, there is a three-point button. Click on it. .; The context menu will open, where you will find the "Delete" option.
By pressing the appropriate button, you will clear the tape of unnecessary photo or video material. .; If you delete Stories only to avoid being seen by a particular user, there is a softer alternative. For example, you can keep photos or videos accessible to most accounts while hiding them from certain people.
How to upload Storis to Instagram from the gallery while hiding it from some users:
- Start publishing the History using the instructions above.
- Before clicking "Share," open the settings section. To do so, click on the icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- A new window will appear, in which you will be prompted to set publication parameters. Choose "Hide My Stories from" and select the accounts you want (there is no limit to the number). .; After performing the above manipulation, marked accounts will not be able to view your Stories, which will be hidden from their feed.
Possible problems with publishing Stories
After figuring out how to add a photo to Instagram from the gallery, let's go on to describe the various challenges you may face when posting. .; Why Instagram doesn't upload photos from the gallery:
- An unstable network. Most likely, it is not possible to publish the material because of the lack of an Internet connection or Wi-Fi. Check how the Web works by running other applications or by making a search query in your browser. If tabs are not opened, the source of the problem is found.
- An outdated version of Instagram. Updates for the app are released quite frequently. Perhaps using a less up-to-date version slows down the Stories publishing process. Update the program and check if the problem has been resolved.
- Technical glitches. Sometimes Instagram does not upload videos from the gallery because of ongoing work in the system. In this case, you just have to wait a while, and the process of loading Storis normalizes itself.
- Failures in the gadget system. Your smartphone may have picked up a virus that prevents posts from being posted normally.
- An obsolete smartphone operating system. There are constant changes in the world of innovative technologies, and new technologies are being actively introduced. Perhaps your gadget has simply ceased to cope with innovations, unable to support new updates.
- Lots of open challenges. If you're using multiple apps at the same time, it can affect Instagram's performance and slow it down. Simply close open programs and the Storis boot process should normalize.
In some cases, the large size of the photo you upload or the inappropriate video resolution may prevent Stories from being downloaded properly.
What you need to know about Stories
Since its introduction, Storis has undergone a number of changes and modifications. For example:
- Initially, users could only post photos and videos that had been taken within the last 24 hours in Stories. Today, the account owner has the right to share with his subscribers any materials from the film.
- Storys are still stored in the main feed for only a day. Now, however, they do not disappear without a trace, but are transferred to a private archive accessible to the account owner.
You can also add memorable Stories to your profile by moving to the "Favorites" section. Subscribers will be able to review it at any time.