If you are an active user of the social network Instagram, use it to promote goods and services, or maintain a personal account, surely you have noticed that some users mark other people, establishments, and so on in their stories. The option appeared in 2017: now your friends, colleagues, acquaintances, favorite shops and cafes can be marked not only in publications, but also in stories. This feature is convenient and practical: you need to write a nickname and then people will be able to access the user's page by clicking on the story.
Reasons for mentioning can be many: the user is pictured with you, you took a photo with a friend, you want to express gratitude to the beauty salon, and so on. The question is how to mark a person on Instagram in history. We'll talk about that.
How to celebrate a person in an Instagram story
So, with the help of the Storis functionality, it is now possible to add not only your colleagues, relatives or friends, but also organizations. Your subscribers will be able to click on the mark and go to the page of the marked user while viewing the story. Don't know how to mark a person on Instagram in a story? It's easy to do this, we take the following steps:
- Open the app and go to your profile. Now we open the story.
- We take photos or videos, or upload existing material from the phone's gallery.
- The next step is to mention a person in an Instagram story by clicking on the "Aa" icon in the top right corner.
- We touch the screen and write the text, and in the text we write down the dog sign and the login of the desired user. If you don't want to text, just enter the user's nickname. You can enter a full nickname or start typing it, and then the system itself will offer a list of your friends whose nicknames start with these letters. Note that no more than 10 nicknames can be added to the story.
- And the final step in the process is how to mark a person in an Instagram story by clicking the "Share" button.
- The user you have marked will receive a message that you have mentioned it in the story. This message will be displayed for 24 hours. Then the message, like the story itself, will automatically be deleted.
- Now your subscribers can view the history and go to the page of the specified user, if the story interested them.
We looked at how to highlight a person in an Instagram story. Now let's see what the peculiarities are.
- First of all, remember that the user will receive a message that you mentioned it in your story. If someone mentions you in their story, you will also receive a notification.
- As mentioned above, the maximum number of marked users is 10. If you mark 10 people, each of them will receive this notification.
- The person you have marked has no right to remove the mark if he or she does not want to shine in your story. However, he can complain to the administration of the social network if he is not satisfied with this situation.
- Any user can see whether a person has been marked on other publications or in a story. To do this, open the profile and press the last section on the right, as shown in the image:
How to add a person to an Instagram story if the system makes a mistake
We looked at the standard mechanism for how to undo an Instagram person in a story. However, it does not always achieve the desired result, and one has to find alternative ways to mark a person in Instagram history.
Typically, errors and problems arise when a user has incorrectly executed a particular item. For example, if you have 11 or more friends, the story will not be published. It is necessary either to remove several ticks, so that the number of ticked users does not exceed 10, or to divide the number of people you want to mark by 2-3 stories. Specialists recommend that each user dedicate a separate story, with their own picture / video and text, description.
Another common reason is that the nickname is misconstrued. In this case, the system cannot find the right page and therefore cannot link to it either. Note that there should be no spaces, digits, punctuation marks, and so on between the dog's sign and the user's login. If you are on a blacklist, unfortunately you won't be able to mark it, either. So before you mention a person in an Instagram story, check whether they have blocked or blocked access to your account.
How to add a person to an Instagram story on a computer
Business accounts are usually maintained from a computer. It is much more convenient and simple, and most analytics tools work better on a computer. So the question arises: how to mark a person on Instagram in a story using a computer. This will require a dedicated SMM Planner service, with which many are likely to be familiar.
Some prefer to use Android emulators for PCs, such as Blue Stacks. However, using Blue Stacks is not the easiest way to mark a person in an Instagram story. This is explained by the need to install the official version.
So, consider the mechanism for mentioning a person in an Instagram story using the SMM Planner:
- Open the service and go through a simple registration procedure, then confirm the specified e-mail address. Now go to the created account. The service is paid for, but each registered user is provided with 50 free publications. Please note that 50 free publications are provided monthly to each user. The total number of free publications is not accumulated, it is updated every month.
- Now we start working in the service. Activate an active Instagram account. This is necessary in order to start working with publications. Enter your account and password. Enter the data and select "Connect" for synchronization.
- Next, select "Create a post," and then "Fill in." Please note that SMM Planner does not allow you to post publications and stories immediately, but only schedule them at least 5 minutes in advance.
- Choose a photo or video and then select "Send as Stories."
- After that, click on the icon that is in the right corner at the bottom of the photo.
- After that, the system automatically sends us to the section where we need to mark users. As mentioned, the maximum number for stories is 10 people, and for a normal publication it is 10 people. Press the left mouse button on the photo and an empty line opens in front of us to enter the information.
- Enter the user's nickname and then click on the magnifying glass icon. Choose a friend's name and click on his nickname. At the end, click OK:
- After that, we set the time when the story should be published, and then choose OK again.
Now we can only wait for the publication to be published and receive enthusiastic likes.
Why Business Uses Storis
Now it's clear how to identify a person in an Instagram story. Another question is whether business accounts need it. Let's look at the main ways to use the stamps in the story:
- Advertisement . With a solid subscriber base, it is possible to sell stories, as well as mentions and advertisements in regular publications. Imagine a well-known blogger saying that he bought a quality item from a store and points it out through a dog sign. Naturally, this will generate consumer confidence and increase the flow of audience to the page of this store.
- Collaborations . The term refers to the creation of common content, a product, an event with which all areas of collaboration are shared in order to reach the maximum audience, and manages to reach a combined audience of 3-4 pages or more.
- Mutual PR . How do you propitiate a person on Instagram in a story? Indicate him in your story, and in return he will mark you. As a result, everyone will get new subscribers.
- Gamification of users . The latest trend in the promotion of accounts, both personal and business profiles, is the organization of a kind of quest and game. You can place tasks in a story. For example, you can direct users to a partner account by typing it into a story, and ask them to subscribe to that account. The next task is already placed in the story "XXX," the new mark leads to the account "UUU" and so on. You can find partner accounts for a shared quest or develop additional profiles in this way. Gamification looks more natural and, as a result, is producing good results today.
We looked at how to mark a person in an Instagram story and why. Experiment, combine the above methods and develop your own account!