Instagram is now one of the most popular social networks in the world, with more than 500 million members. To keep the public interested and attract new users, developers are constantly adding new features and interesting options. One is a poll for Instagram Stories.
Experts believe that this is not a basic and far from the most necessary function, however, if used correctly, this tool can help to achieve a certain result. If you don't already know how to do a survey on Instagram and how to use it for business or to promote your own account, this material will be useful to you.
How to create an Instagram poll: 4 simple steps
Suppose you are the owner of a business account and offer various services and goods via your instagram. Suppliers have offered you their novelties and you want to know if they will be popular with buyers and whether it is worth placing an order. Do a poll on Instagram history and find out which position to bet on. Consider how to add a poll to Instagram:
- Making history. As can be seen from the name of the function, it is carried out in a storis, so at the very beginning it is necessary to select an actual picture, so that it corresponds to the subject of the survey. It can be a photo of a product, an establishment, an action, and so on. For more brightness and attractiveness, use filters and editors, make sure to leave room for the survey itself.
- When the story is ready, add the poll itself to the Instagram story. To do this, click on the sticker icon (a square with a face) and select the poll at the top, as shown in the figure:
Then you can add the answer to the question: "Yes or No." Now we need to formulate the question itself.
If you don't want to limit yourself to standard answers, you can change them. To do this, we touch each answer in turn and enter our options. One option can hold up to 26 characters.
- We publish a poll. When the survey is ready and fully configured, select the "Next" button at the bottom of the page and click on the checkbox. Now choose "Done" and here's our poll sticker ready. The sticker can be moved, reduced, or increased in size.
- Share the resulting creation with subscribers and click the feed back from them If the user sees the survey for the first time, he will have a pop-up window explaining what it is and what to do.
How to vote
We've figured out how to do an Instagram poll in history, now consider how to vote in it. Making it even easier:
- Open the app.
- We review our subscriptions. Surveys don't appear in the general stories section, so you have to look through all your friends "stories to find them.
- When you see the survey, it will offer two options. Choose the one you want and click on it.
- Here you will find the results of the poll so far and the percentages of voters.
< em > Don't know how to cancel a vote in an Instagram poll? Repeat the same answer. < / em >
Cancel the poll
Have you changed your mind about conducting a survey among subscribers while working on it? Then it is enough to go back and return to the home page. If the poll is already loaded, you have to do the following: click on your avatar and open the published story. Choose the story you want to delete and click on the three dots icon in the bottom right corner and select "Delete" from the menu that opens:
Now you need to confirm the deletion. That's it, the poll has been removed!
What a poll you can do on Instagram
As of today, only 2 options are available to users, so there is little room for imagination. It is necessary to formulate a clear answer and come up with concise answers of up to 26 characters. But even with its limitations, the option allows you to activate subscribers and help you make choices, find out their opinions about events, speeches, purchases, and so on. If you have a business account, here's the most interesting poll on Instagram: a survey about the goods and services on offer. The main thing is that the material meets the norms and requirements of a social network, does not offend the honor and dignity of people, and is not provocative.
Here are some ideas for an Instagram poll in history:
- Which of the suggested photos is best to post: first / second.
- What to buy a dress / t-shirt / bag / jacket / tie and so on: first / second.
- What you will do in the evening: go to the shop / home, in front of the TV.
- Read my new post: yes / no.
- Whether you liked the post, whether the post was useful to you: yes / no.
- And who do you belong to: owl / lark.
- What to wear today: shoes / shoes.
- What weather do you have: cold / hot, rain / snow.
- The Christmas tree has already been removed: yes / no.
- Which holiday do you like best: New Year / Christmas.
- Waiting for March 8: yes / no.
- Already bought gifts for the New Year: yes / no.
- What to give your husband for February 23: socks / razor.
- And what kind of smartphone you have: iPhone / Android.
The essence of the survey is not its publication, but the analysis and application of the results. Consider how to view the results of the poll on Instagram. To do this, we open our history and hold our fingers up to reveal statistics that look like this:
Here you can see which of the subscribers chose which option and how much interest each option has in general. Note that the story is saved for 24 hours, so you need to view the results within 24 hours.
No polling option?
Some users cannot use the poll option when posting a story. The most common reason for this is that you are using an older version of the app. Update Instagram to the latest version and the option will appear.
Surveys for Business
Here are just a few of the ways in which surveys can be used to develop your own business:
- Get feedback. The most effective way to get your subscribers "opinion is to ask them directly. Polling makes it easy and quick. For example, ask whether you like a new product or not, what color / shape / size of the product subscribers prefer, when it is best to broadcast live, what topics the audience would like to read posts on, and the like.
- Identify trends. Trends and bright events regularly appear online. You can discuss them with subscribers, ask questions that will interest all subscribers.
- Research the market. Look for interesting topics for the post, want to know the needs of subscribers, need help? This and much more can be learned through a survey.
- Planning events. If you specialize in events, you can find out the public's preferences through a survey, such as which scenery / drinks / dishes / artists are best chosen, and so on.
Instagram does not stop for a second and constantly delights its subscribers with new tools that are useful for both business and ordinary users. Include surveys in your own blog and communicate with your audience through them, and encourage subscribers to participate and share their opinions. But use it in moderation, or you will lose the trust and interest of the audience.
If you use your Instagram account to promote products and services, remember to ask your followers after the introduction of a new product if they like it or not, what needs to be changed and improved. Discuss trends, explore consumer demands and needs, and design events that will appeal to your fans.