.; According to official statistics, more than a million companies around the world are betting on promoting a business account on Instagram. There are good reasons for this:
- Over the past year and a half, monthly Instagram visits in Russia have surpassed the 22 million mark.
- In May 2018, active Instagram users generated more than 71 million posts.
- Users from Russia update their Instagram feed about 16 times a day on average. In 1 second, they write 1,000 8.5k shares Like it.
That is, the audience of this social network is very active, it is easier to decide to buy. That's why you should learn how to run Instagram for business.
So how do you start your Instagram business from scratch?
- For starters, switch your profile from personal to business account mode and optimize it. By optimization, I mean the company logo, a decorated profile cap, and contacts to contact you.
- Start posting photos of the products you are selling. Remember that Instagram is a showcase, so keep an eye on the quality of your posts.
- Write informative texts describing your company's products, services, and processes.
- Add at least 5 hashtags. relevant to the subject of your business.
- Hold contests for subscribers.
This is a standard but effective promotion strategy. Depending on the subject matter of the business, the ways in which you promote your business on Instagram can change.
How to promote Instagram's business if you sell goods and services
If you are promoting a fitness club or a pastry shop, these tips will help you:
- Write the name of the brand in the profile name.
- Fill out each field in the registration form.
- Put the company logo on your avatar. You can add a slogan if it is easy to read.
- Make a plan for what, when, and why to publish.
- Post photos of excellent quality. This is your business card when promoting services and goods.
- Communicate with subscribers in the story, find out their opinion, conduct surveys.
- Create unique hashtags.
Suppose you are the owner of a small cafe-bakery. You will promote your service on Instagram as follows:
- Make a content plan for publications. Show the inside kitchen of your business, talk about sesame buns, and make fun videos with staff. Your subscribers should like the picture. Decide which day is best for the recipe, and which video features friendly waiters and beautiful display cases.
- To attract followers to the page, barter the buns of a popular Instagram blogger. Most importantly, make no mistake when choosing a blogger. Check how active and lively its audience is, and how it responds to advertising.
- Make beautiful photos and run advertisements. Here, it is important not to miss out on audience selection, so that targeted advertising for baking does not appear in the feed of those who are thin. This is the task of an experienced targeting specialist.
Attractive content, advertising, and engagement with target audiences are three of the keys to Instagram's success. But these methods are as sophisticated in their technology as they are effective.
If you have an abstract understanding of how to promote an Instagram page for business, it's best to turn to professionals. In this way, you will quickly achieve the expected result. And remember, it's not worth saving on quality business promotion on Instagram.
How to promote non-photogenic products and services on Instagram
If everything is clear with product promotion, then there is a fair question as to how Instagram sells services that cannot be photographed. Increasingly, people are starting businesses whose products are difficult to visualize.
There are several non-trivial ways to promote such a business:
- Bet on the features of the product. The Instagram of the creator of Adobe graphics editing software is full of works by illustrators and designers. All of these people work in Adobe programs.
- And GoPro posts images from their action cameras. The company does not spend any money on its content because users themselves post photos with the hashtag # gopro.
- Promote brand ideology. Create a message and promote it. Red Bull was the first to implement this strategy. There are no photos of the products on their Instagram, but there are pictures of people engaged in extreme sports. Users post these photos under unique hashtags.
- Transform your product. For example, you sell stationery. Which user will be interested in the florists in the tape? Precisely because no one, let the imagination run free. For example, the Office report store turned pens into funny characters.
How to Promote Business on Instagram on Your Own
. . . And not make a million mistakes.
To figure out how to promote an Instagram business page on your own, you will need to learn all about:
- Targeted advertising.
- Ranking of publications in the tape.
- Quality content.
- Processing photos.
- Tracking popular hashtags.
- Statistics and analysis of key indicators of engagement.
- Work to increase audience loyalty.
And if it's too long for you, you're sure to make mistakes:
- Start using bots. Non-live accounts are visible immediately, no one will subscribe to them from real users.
- Launch a massive mutual folloving. 3% of users sign up, up from 30% two years ago. This method is obsolete. < / span >
- Put the wrong hashtag. And this is an important mechanics of promoting a business account on Instagram. Repeated tags could trigger sanctions by the Instagram administration.
- Fill in the bad photos. Instagram's audience appreciates visual content. Low-quality photos are disrespectful to subscribers.
- Don't update regularly. Publications should not be frequent and highly informative, or, on the contrary, infrequently entertaining. When creating a content plan, you should consider the ratio of training posts, advertising and engagement in a way that attracts, not scares, subscribers.
- You will create low-grade texts. The text should be divided into paragraphs, otherwise no one will read the alphabet vinaigrette. Markers, emoticons, an inverted pyramid are all tools for working with text.
So, if you want to take your Instagram business into your own hands, arm yourself with useful resources, learn the mechanics in detail, and act by trial and error. But I advise you to seek professional advice, because as long as you spend time learning basic marketing knowledge, competition in your niche will intensify. In just a couple of months, the competitors will have an active audience, discussions, interesting content, as long as you get the first subscribers. Spending time or not is your choice, but doing business requires not only strategic decisions, but also tactical ones. And in the business arena, developing and promoting the company's Instagram account is tactically the right thing to do.