Recently, Facebook, which owns the social network Instagram, has been developing not only a mobile app, but also an official web resource. Before, it was impossible even to view publications. Today, users can use the site to do most of the usual tasks: view photos, videos, and friends "stories, search for people, browse the" Recommended "section, subscribe to profiles, post content, post likes, and write comments.
However, the site does not have all the features to which visitors are accustomed. It serves for emergencies when there is no access to a phone. For example, it is impossible to access personal correspondence and publish a story. Posts on Instagram from a computer are possible, but this requires a variety of tricks.
How to post on Instagram from a computer
When it comes to messages, users most often mean leaving comments under posts and corresponding with Direct. In mobile versions Direct was not always available, but appeared in Instagram versions of 5. 0 and above.
When you ask how to write an Instagram post from a computer, remember that there is no direct section in the browser version where you can log in and view correspondence. However, short messages can be delivered through comments. It doesn't even need to be subscribed to by the person who sent the message (provided the profile is open). Instagram is available in any browser.
- First, open a browser on a laptop or PC with Internet access.
- Then authorize by entering a username and password.
- Open a publication to which you need to leave a comment. The photo will be placed directly in the center of the screen, and on the right side of the already published comments and a window for entering text.
- Clicking on it, enter the text and send it by pressing the Enter keyboard button.
Comment sent. Of course, it will be seen by other users, but for personal intimacy this option of sending Instagram messages from a computer is not appropriate.
Sending letters to Direct
If a person wants to communicate with a PC in a private chat, as in an app on a smartphone, he or she will not be able to do so on the site because of the lack of the function itself. You can only post to Instagram via a computer when you install a minimalist desktop client from the Store on the Windows operating system. The user can choose one of the following options:
- For desktop computers and laptops with an operating system that belongs to the Windows family under the Windows 8 line and above. In this case, the person is asked to install the program from an official store.
- For earlier versions of the operating system, you can use third-party software that emulates Android. They make it possible to open a variety of customers created for smartphones.
To install the official app, open the "Store" section on your PC. This requires an Internet connection. In the window that opens, enter the name of the client into the search and press the button "Install."
Once downloaded, Instagram will be available for use: it must be opened and logged in. This app has all the features of a smartphone.
How to watch Instagram posts via a computer
After installation and authorization, a tab will automatically appear on the screen in the application installed on the PC. It will show a news feed. It allows you to view friends "posts, recommend profiles, write comments, and post likes. To go to Directive to send messages to Instagram via a computer, you have to click a button in the form of an icon with the plane.
All the dialogues, even those conducted from the phone, are saved here. If you have already had a conversation, tap the corresponding chat or create a new dialog by selecting a person from the list and clicking the "New dialog" button.
When choosing an interlocutor, you can mark several at once. This is done in the "To" column. At the same time, a feature of the computer version is the fact that it is possible to send messages on Instagram not only to people from the subscription list, but also to those whose profile is closed. In this case, you need to find the page of interest by entering a nickname in the search field. The system will reveal all matches. Once you have selected the desired option from the list, start typing.
If the official PC program doesn't work for some reason (the operating system is Windows 7 and below), but you need to watch Instagram dialogues through your computer, a free app to run Android apps can help. It's called BlueStacks App Player. Download BlueStacks from official website < / span > .
- A loaded client is opened.
- Enter information from your Google account: login and password.
- Inside the program, an app store (the same as on Android devices) is opened.
- Search for Instagram, install, and login.
Then it can be used as usual. BlueStacks emulator is free. Its main advantage is the ability to use programs from the Android operating system for smartphones on PCs. Of course, some features and interface differ from the mobile version, but all the main advantages of the social network remain: the ability to view and publish content, write comments, etc. d.
Another plus is the ability to use a keyboard and computer mouse, as well as setting up notifications: if an email arrives, the user will be notified (BlueStacks works in the background).
Watching Instagram posts via a computer is a pretty handy feature. It allows you to have private conversations in the Directive: send text messages, photos and videos, or organize group chats.
How to read a dialogue on Instagram from a computer
Regardless of which method of accessing Direct is chosen (an official PC application with Windows 8 or higher, or a third-party BlueStacks App Player simulator), there is only one way to read and send Instagram messages via a computer:
- Tap an icon in the shape of an airplane and it is the entrance to personal dialogues (the icon is located at the top of the interface).
- When you open the Directive, you will see all the dialogues started and the "New Dialog" button.
- Choose what you want to send to another user: video, photo, text.
- Put likes, block undesirable interlocutors, and delete dialogues without the possibility of their further recovery, as in the mobile version.
Beyond the advantages of the mobile version, there are the same disadvantages. For example, the maximum number of letters that can be sent to Directive is limited to no more than 60 per day. Once this threshold is reached, the ability to post to Instagram via a computer is blocked, but the read function will always be available.