When running a business or personal account, it is often necessary to link an instagram to a Facebook profile. At the outset, I would like to point out that the social network Instagram is a product of Facebook. It follows that by linking your Insta profile to Facebook, you will gain a number of certain advantages and additional options. In this article, we will discuss how to link an Instagram business account to Facebook and why.
Why do it?
If you're looking for an answer to the question of how to link your Instagram account to Facebook, you want a host of additional features, benefits, and pluses for your account. Binding allows:
- Ensure a higher level of account security. If a page has been blocked or hacked, it is much easier to restore it if you are connected to a Facebook page. In this case, you only need to go to Facebook to recover, and there is no need for technical support.
- Confirm that you are a living person, not a robot, which boosts social confidence. network to you. Thus, a tied profile is a kind of protection against blocking.
- Increase coverage. Installations will also be displayed for your Facebook followers, which increases audience reach and, as a result, significantly increases user engagement.
- Publications are posted simultaneously on all related social networks, which significantly saves time for posting.
- Open the possibility of using official advertising in social media. Instagram, as a prerequisite for its use, is set up via a Facebook profile.
- Finally, you can only open a business account once you have tied it up. Therefore, to do business, view statistics, and use business tools, follow the steps below.
How to tie Instagram to another Facebook account
Consider the simplest way, consisting of the following steps:
- Open the Instagram app and go into your profile settings, and then select "Linked Accounts," as shown in the picture:
- Next, a window will open with a list of social networks to which you can link your Instagram account. In our case, we choose Facebook.
- After that, another window will open, in which you need to enter the email and password from the desired Facebook account. In the other "Publish" field, select "Chronicle," as shown in the figure:
- We further agree to the use of the data provided by Instagram.
- After that, we go to Instagram itself and choose the "settings" section:
- Then, in the facebookprofile, open the "Apps" section. In the window that opens, select Instagram and "Available to all," and then save the changes. This is necessary in order for the Instagram profile to include an up-to-date link to the Facebook profile and users to be able to click on it.
If your company, your business, has a business account on Facebook, you can also link it. The official Facebook website also provides instructions for binding on gadgets running on Android or iOS: https: / / www. Facebook. com / business / help / 898752960195806 . At the moment, only one Facebook profile can be linked. If you need to tie another profile, you need to untie the one already tied and go through the procedure again.
Similarly, pages on other social networks can be linked to reach more subscribers and increase the visibility of publications.
Once the binding has been completed, the installation profile can be turned into a business page. The business page differs from the standard profile in the following ways:
- When a user subscribes to you, a "Contact" button appears that looks like this: By clicking the button, the user will see the contact details.
- As mentioned earlier, it is possible to maintain profile statistics. Moreover, the statistics are kept by the society itself. You don't need to use third-party services. A statistical report can be requested for the entire page or for individual posts. With the help of statistics it is possible to find out audience coverage, number of impressions, level of audience engagement, useful actions of subscribers, number of likes / comments, number of clicks on a link in a profile, data about subscribers (average age and gender, location of most subscribers).
- Targeted advertising is possible. That is, you set the parameters of your target audience, distinguish it from the total number of users by gender, age, geography, hobbies, interests, and so on. Next. The network shows your ads only to users who fit the target audience.
The question arises: how to create an Insta profile for business if you already have a Facebook business page? Simply follow these steps: open the settings and select "Switch to a company profile," as shown in the picture:
Next, select Facebook and specify the desired Facebook page. The system will then automatically transfer contact details and other information from Facebook to Instagram. You can leave everything as it is or adjust your profile.
At the end, click "Done." You now own an Insta business account that is synchronized with your Facebook business profile.
How to untie your Instagram account from Facebook
We have previously said that it is impossible to link multiple accounts to Facebook and Instagram. To bind another faceprofile, you must first untie the current one.
This feature will also be useful in cases where failures and errors occur. Another situation where it is useful to know how to untie an Instagram account from Facebook is that you want two separate profiles that function separately, for example, if you post different content.
Consider two ways to untie a Facebook account from Instagram: via Instagram and via Facebook.
How to untie your Instagram account from your Facebook page via Instagram
- Open the Instagram app from your mobile phone, tablet, or any other Android or iOS-based gadget. Unfortunately, it is impossible to untie pages from a personal computer.
- Open your business or personal profile by clicking on the emblem of the person in the bottom corner on the right. Now open the settings window by clicking on the 3 dots icon in the top right corner.
- In the settings, select the "Related Accounts" section, as we have done before.
- Once again we see a window with a list of social networks and click on Facebook.
- A new window will open, as shown in the picture: In this section, we choose "Cancel the link."
- After that, a new window will appear asking whether you really want to unplug your profile from Facebook. Choose the answer "Cancel the connection," as shown in the picture:
How to unplug an account from Facebook via Facebook itself
- Open Facebook and go to your profile, to which we previously linked an instagram account.
- Open the menu, which looks like a white arrow in the upper right corner. In the drop-down list, select "Settings."
In the newly opened page, select "Applications" and in the list of icons of various apps, search for the familiar Instagram icon, hover over it, and click "cross."
Confirm your action in the pop-up window shown in the picture. Choose the "Delete" button:
Now your accounts are separated from each other and run independently.
The schemes described will also be useful for linking / decoupling profiles of other social networks. Schemes can be used if you don't know how to link a Google account to Facebook and other profiles.