Initially, Instagram was conceived only as a platform for sharing memorable and beautiful photos. Gradually, however, it began to be supplemented by various options and innovations that opened up more and more possibilities for users. In 2013, for example, a new feature for private messaging, called Direct, was introduced to the public. It instantly gained popularity, began to use not only for communication, but also for promotion and promotion of the blog. Next, we will discuss all the ways to write to Direct Instagram, and tell you about the key features of this service.
What is Direct
Instagram Direct is a built-in messenger that was launched in late 2013. It allows users of the social network to stay connected. You can access this section by clicking on the airplane icon at the top right corner of the screen. Remarkably, this button changes to a red number when a new notification is received. .; Direct has undergone significant changes since its inception. Today, it can not only send text messages, but also:
- create group correspondence;
- organize private video and photo sharing;
- send disappearing photos and videos.
As for commercial accounts, they use Direct to set up businesses, sell a variety of goods and services, advertise their own products, etc. d. .; It is noteworthy that the app sets clear limits on sending. For example, the maximum number of dialogues you can initiate in a 24-hour period is 15. This measure was taken to avoid unnecessary spam and to prevent the leak of confidential information.
How to use?
Social media users can send messages in three ways: directly from Direct, from the account page, and through publication. They are available for both Android smartphones and Apple products. .; The standard way to post on Instagram is:
- Tap the aircraft icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose from the dialog box or start typing in your username.
- Open the required correspondence.
- Enter the text in the corresponding box.
- Press the "Submit" button.
If you want to share photos or videos via Direct, click on the camera icon to send disappearing records, or on the landscape button for standard photos.
How to post to Direct Instagram via a user account:
- Open the profile you want.
- Press the three-point button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the "Send" option in the pop-up context menu.
After these steps are performed, a standard Direct dialog will be opened.
How to post to Direct on Instagram via post:
- Open the post.
- Find a button below it with an image of an airplane.
- Click on it.
- A list of your subscriptions will pop up. Specify the user with whom you want to share a photo or video.
Once you have completed all of the instructions, you will send the publication to another person.
Can I use it on my computer?
After Instagram released an official app for Windows products, people were able to use the messenger on a desktop or laptop. You can buy the program from the Microsoft store. .; Owners of other operating systems are less fortunate. Since the developers of Instagram have not presented other computer versions of the application, they will have to resort to third-party services to send a direct message. .; You can use the messenger on your computer or laptop by installing:
- Grids is a pay-as-you-go software ($10) that has plenty of useful options besides sending IG messages.
- Direct Message for IG is a free app with built-in purchases, allows you to connect only one account, and saves disappearing photos and videos.
- Chatter for IG, a paid program ($2.99) for communicating via Direct Messenger from a computer, allows up to three accounts to be connected simultaneously.
- Messages for IG, an app that is a full counterpart to the previous one, offers the same features, but at a higher price of $4.99.
Recently, a new software, AutoDirect, was made available to the public. It allows you to send direct messages from your computer, and it also has a wide range of tools needed to promote and promote your account. In particular, it offers options for automatically sending notifications to new subscribers, which increases coverage and engagement. .; A welcome Direct message will make your profile stand out from the rest and create a friendly image. In the newsletter you can express gratitude for subscribing to your account, tell about current promotions, offers, and much more.
What you need to know about Direct
The service allows you to send messages to anyone, but if your account is not among your subscribers, you will have to wait for permission to correspond. If you own a commercial profile, try to keep up-to-date with current requests, or risk missing out on a lucrative offer. .; Messenger has other features:
- In addition to plain text, it allows you to send photos and videos from a smartphone gallery.
- Allows you to share Stories, hashtags, posts, and posts from the main feed with other users.
- Creates photos and videos that disappear from correspondence immediately after viewing.
- Allows cancellation of dispatch.
- It has the functions of video calls and photo responses.
It is also worth noting that Direct receives all user responses to Stories, various marks and mentions.
Is it possible to get rid of direct correspondence
Thanks to the latest updates, Instagram has acquired a feature to delete dialogues. Now you can easily clean your messenger, get rid of unnecessary messages or spam. Below is a detailed guide to how to delete Instagram Direct correspondence:
- Open the Direct section.
- Whip your finger to the right on the dialogue you plan to get rid of.
- The system will offer two buttons to choose from: "Delete" and "Cancel," and press the first button.
You can't clean all the dialogues at once; you have to get rid of each one in turn. It is noteworthy that the interlocutor will have all the details of your deleted correspondence unchanged. .; You can delete not only dialogues, but also specific messages. To do this, click on the message you have sent and hold it until the system offers to cancel it. Click on the pop-up window and all unnecessary materials will disappear. .; How can I restore my Instagram Direct correspondence? Unfortunately, this feature is currently unavailable. Perhaps the app will solve the problem in future updates.
Ban on communications
To rid yourself of intrusive users or spam, you can ban messages. This is done in your account settings. .; Step-by-step instructions on how to ban writing on Instagram:
- Start the app, open your own profile.
- Click the button at the top right of the screen.
- In the pop-up context menu, select the settings section.
- Go to the Push-notifications section.
- Look for the line "Queries in Direct," and click "Turn off." .; Once you do this, you will disable intrusive notifications and stop receiving Direct Alerts. .; If you are not ready for such radical measures, do not want to abandon the messenger completely, you can simply block the user with whom you do not want to contact. Once blocked, he will not be able to send messages or get in touch.