Live on Instagram is a powerful tool for promoting the brand, revealing the identity behind the photos, and simply a way to connect with followers live. How to go live on Instagram, what to talk to your audience about, and what tricks to do, read below.
The Benefits of Live Broadcasting
Direct Ether is an effective way to engage and talk to an audience.
- Increase visibility: With Instagram's new algorithm, your content may not always get the attention it deserves. Broadcasting solves this problem: it increases visibility because the social network sends push notifications to all subscribers.
- Increase engagement: Imagine your favorite stars or brands answered your questions on Instagram? Broadcasts increase engagement, bringing followers closer to your real life.
- Relationship Building: Do you use live broadcasts to answer questions, reveal areas of your life, or simply communicate with your subscribers? Every time you appear on a broadcast, your audience builds a relationship with you.
- Developing your own uniqueness: Broadcasting helps the brand develop its philosophy and share it with Instagram.
How to Start and Live on Instagram
Access the Camera
In 2016, Instagrammers used Stories extensively, and developers expanded the app's capabilities, including by adding a live stream that helps connect with their followers in real time. .; You may have noticed that there is no bright button to start the live broadcast. This is because it is hidden in the Stories function's camera tab.
To start a real-time video, use Instagram as if you were about to post a story. Tap your avatar in the far left corner of the home page or tap your finger on the screen anywhere in the app to open the camera tab.
By default, it is in Normal mode, which you can see at the bottom of the screen. To switch to the live stream, point your finger to the right and adjust it.
Adjust your video settings
You should see the screen with the settings for the live broadcast. The video has not yet been broadcast. Key elements:
- Switch between cameras. Tap the two-arrow icon to switch to the camera you want to use.
- Tell subscribers what the video is about: tap the caption to enter a brief description. It is included in the notification sent to subscribers when you go live.
- Settings. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner to adjust the settings that apply to the live broadcast. You can work with privacy to hide stories or live broadcasts from someone, or vice versa, to reveal.
When everything is set up and you are ready, press the Start Live button. Live coverage will begin. Your avatar will appear in the subscribers "feeds with the caption" Live. "
Interaction with Subscribers
Another important element of how to do Instagram live is to interact with connected listeners. When you launch a live video, they receive an invitation notification. Once the audience starts to join, a few interesting elements appear on the screen.
- Viewing counter. Displayed in the top right corner of the screen next to the eye icon, which indicates the number of people currently watching you.
- Comments. Viewers post comments in real time in your video using the appropriate field that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Hearts. A button appears in the bottom right corner of the screen, which viewers can click to express their approval. You will see an animation of rising hearts.
Small statistical tools will help keep track of how much subscribers liked the broadcast and whether it is worth another one.
Fix one comment or disable them altogether
In addition to communicating with viewers via video, you can leave a comment and then attach it so that more people can notice it. This is a useful feature if your broadcast is focused on a particular topic or issue.
To write your opinion, simply enter it in the field, publish it, click on it. At the bottom of the screen, a menu will appear with the option "Enter a comment." .; Alternatively, you can turn them off so that no one can leave an opinion. To do this, simply tap the three dots in the bottom right corner of the screen and select "Disable comments."
End of video
You can stream the video live for an hour. .; When you are ready to say goodbye to your viewers, click "End" in the top right corner to stop the video. Unlike other real-time video apps (such as Periscope), you won't get any replays of your broadcast because Instagram currently doesn't save them. Once you have finished, you will see the total number of people who have been to your live broadcast. .; Remember that if the profile is properly configured, anyone can join the broadcast, not just subscribers.
Who else is hosting the live broadcast?
You could say that someone is now broadcasting live, looking at the round avatars on the homepage. Some of them can be signed live. Click on them and welcome to someone else's broadcast.
The instructions on how to stream live on Instagram are the same for both Android and IOS.
Tips to Successfully Turn on and Live on Instagram
Control your audience. You don't want any of your friends not to see the broadcast? You can hide them just like a normal story. Go to the menu in your profile and click "Hide my stories from me." Then you can select the people to whom you are blocking access and go to film the party without worrying about any awkward questions at the dinner table.
Moderate the comments. If you don't want to see inappropriate words, enable moderation. Go to settings, click "Comments," and then "Hide unacceptable comments." You can also add custom keywords.
The purpose of the broadcast
Determine the purpose of the broadcast. It should bring viewers something special that they can't get from your regular tape. Examples of how to use live broadcasting include:
- show new products, intrigue viewers with the announcement of upcoming changes;
- invite a special guest: find influential brands that will be interested in co-broadcasting;
- Q & A: A good tactic for engaging directly with your followers. It shows that you care about what they have to say and that you are willing to listen to them;
- Ask for feedback: have you launched a new product? Get instant feedback via broadcast: ask subscribers what they think.
- Do something strange and unexpected. The change in profile style will animate the audience and interest them in future posts.
Define your goals: think about what you want to say and in what form. Regularly write new ideas, select relevant ones, process unsuccessful ones - and you will have your own plan for live broadcasts.
Draw a video plan. Check that you have covered all the key points, touched on all the topics left for broadcast. Your plan should include a call to action, such as "Follow me on Instagram" or "Don't forget to comment."
Sound and video quality testing
Record a video or tester in advance: determine the sound and quality of the video. Try to choose a clean and aesthetically pleasing background so that you do not distract viewers from your message. Try to find a small quiet room for maximum sound quality and minimal distractions. Next to the window is the best lighting. Don't forget to charge your phone.
Let subscribers know the broadcast time. Promote the announcement not only on Instagram, but also on Twitter, Vkontakte, YouTube. Plan to spend during peak activity. Special apps will help you find out the hours when subscribers are most active.
Getting to know the audience
To find out who is watching the broadcast, tap the eye icon in the top left corner of the screen. If you go live often, you will know Instagrammers who visit you over and over again. Give them a sign in the next broadcast and thank them.
Reminder to viewers
Whether you're going to a product show or giving a masterclass, remind your audience why they should watch. It's a tactic that keeps her going until the end of the broadcast.
Change the cameras
Switch the camera view. In this way, you can show viewers your surroundings or switch from the product and return to your face. Just tap the screen twice.
Refer to Direct
Sometimes the amount of comments coming in during the broadcast can be huge and distract from the purpose of the video. Ask viewers to send messages to Direct so you can return to them once the live broadcast is over.
Relax and be with the audience. They should see you in better shape.
Save the broadcast
Save video after broadcast. This will give you the opportunity to revisit and take note of what you liked and disliked. Detailed analysis will make it possible to correct mistakes and avoid repeating them next time.
Record the Stats
Watch how many people interacted with you live. Statistics will show which live broadcasts have received more attention. At the end, the number of viewers is usually displayed. Take a screenshot to process further information.
Summarize the broadcast
Just as you created a message for the broadcast announcement, make a post that summarizes everything that happened in her time. This is for those loyal subscribers who simply could not attend the live broadcast. Add something like: "If you don't want to miss the next live broadcast, turn on your push notifications."
Thematic Tips for Business Broadcasts
- Stick to the extremes: regular customers and distant strangers. For example, the most dedicated customers can search for one type of content (let it be extended tips), and newcomers will want to learn the basics. Make the video interesting for pros and beginners. When a close friend or regular customer appears as a spectator in your broadcast, be sure to ask him a question confirming your connection. For example, take an interest in the affairs of his pet. The audience will feel special, and others will understand that you are a living person with real friends and customers who trust you. You might even mention a product like, "Martha, I was just thinking about you the other day because we've got another set of flower napkins in the store and I know you love flowers." It's a great way to mention a product but make it personal.
- Provide early access to promotions, discounts, promotions, bonuses. Reward viewers to know that every time you do a live broadcast, it's worth paying attention. For example, announce a news or product live before it appears on a website. This type of reward encourages users to return to future videos. Everything you do has to be beneficial.
A few words about joint broadcasts
What is the benefit of adding friends to a live stream? Generally, adding a friend to a live video will give you the ability to convey feelings and share the atmosphere with viewers.
Inviting a Friend
You have two ways to invite a friend to your broadcasts.
First way: start broadcasting and then invite a friend
- Log in to the app and tap the camera icon or take a swipe to the right when you're in the news section.
- Open the live camera tab, tune in, and start it.
- Tap the two-face icon next to the comment field (at the bottom of the screen), and then tap the name of the person you want to invite to the live video.
Remember that you can only invite those who watch the video in real time. If a friend accepts an invitation, you will see it displayed on a split screen. If the request is rejected, a refusal notice will be sent. Finally, you can delete the person you have added to your video by simply clicking on the "X" that appears in the top right corner of the split screen.
Once you're done, you can save the video or post it as an Instagram story.
Second way: request to join a friend's broadcast
- To access this feature, you must watch the live video you want to join. Then you must click the "Request" button that will appear during the viewing.
- Press the Submit Request button. Then you will see a notification that you will be joining the live stream.
20 ideas for how to live stream on Instagram
How to find ideas to start shooting live on Instagram? Discover sources of inspiration: home, family, favorite job, project, self-development, loyal friend, etc. d. And if nothing else comes into your mind, take advantage of the ideas that are ready. In the future, you will be able to write them out of comments and wishes.
- Answer subscribers "questions live on the topic of interest to them. Sound it in advance so that the audience is prepared.
- Show your office or studio.
- Share the tips that helped you overcome the problem.
- Prepare your favorite dishes with your subscribers.
- Introduce your audience to pets.
- Drawing: show the process, teach, share secrets.
- Hold a small workshop.
- Emphasize the comment you like and share your opinion.
- Share your sources of inspiration: favorite places, music, books, etc. d.
- Read the news and have your say.
- Film review.
- Book review.
- Make a list of books / films: by genre, for reading, etc. d.
- Inspire sports people: show the workout live.
- Interview a friend, expert, or company employee.
- Record your walk.
- What happens next?
- Tell us about a significant event in your life.
- Share your successes.
- Ask the audience for their opinion on this or that question.
Now you can't say I can't live on Instagram because I don't know how. Turn on the imagination, take advantage of audience comments, and choose the best ways to express yourself through broadcasts.