At the beginning of 2017, Instagram launched a new live streaming option. Now, in order to communicate with their subscribers in live mode, bloggers will not have to use additional services like Periscope to attract their audience. The innovation proved to be very useful and timely. Not only did it revive the social network's space, but it also posed a serious question to its users: "How do you keep Instagram live?" The answers are below.
What is it?
For those far from the Instagram community, let's define the term "live stream." It is an online broadcast, filmed by users in real time, providing an opportunity for direct communication with the viewer. Implementing this option is more important and meaningful than it may seem at first glance. In particular, it allows:
- organize online meetings with fans and subscribers;
- hold free webinars and seminars;
- organize advertising campaigns (especially relevant for insta-stores).
As a rule, the owner of a blog notifies his subscribers in advance of the live broadcast, so that they can cut out their free time and prepare for the event. In addition, if desired, the app can configure an alert function, which will allow you to receive timely and up-to-date information about a user's entry into live mode.
Often, the topics raised during the broadcast turn out to be extremely interesting, you want to share what you see with someone or at least save the video in your own collection. Below are the most efficient and effective ways to download a live stream from Instagram.
The ability to download records has a number of distinctive details and nuances. Here are the important points you should pay attention to when you decide to download a live stream from Instagram:
- Check the mobile app version - it must be no older than 10. 12. Earlier updates do not have a download button.
- All video footage will be saved to a smartphone camera. This rule applies both to Android-based gadgets and to IOS.
- The downloaded video will not be accompanied by any likes or comments previously left by subscribers.
- The download process can take some time, depending on the length of the video. .; If the live broadcast was organized by you, it will not be difficult to keep it. All you need is to click on the corresponding icon in the top right corner of the screen.
It appears every time the direct switch-on is completed. This option was introduced by the developers of the social network to avoid the disappearance of video material without a trace. Ignoring the button will automatically remove it. .; This guide, how to record a live stream on Instagram, is suitable for both IOS gadgets and Android smartphones. It only uploads videos (which can be found in the Mobile Phone Gallery), and will not display comments, likes, or other integrations.
Remarkably, you can also share the live feed with subscribers who were unable to watch it at the time. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to save your Instagram feed:
- Click on the button at the top right of the screen.
- A menu will pop up, in which you must select the option "End the live stream."
- Once completed, the app will ask you to share the recording with other people. Whip your finger to the right.
These manipulations make it possible to lock the video into the Stories feed for twenty-four hours. After that time, it will disappear.
How to save someone else's live stream on Instagram
For those who use Google Chrome, you can download other users "live broadcasts for free. Most large social media accounts often host interesting webinars, lively discussions, and discussions, so it is not surprising that such content can interest someone. The official IG Story extension is a real wand-wand in such situations. .; Step-by-step instructions on how to upload someone else's live stream to Instagram:
- Install the plugin in your Google browser.
- Open your profile on the social network Instagram.
- Complete the authorization process by entering your login and password. .; Stories and live broadcasts will be available on the right.
- Right-click on the icon you want, and then click the Save button.
The program will ask you to upload video and audio files separately. The downloaded material can then be shared with other users.
How can I download a live stream from Instagram to my computer?
IG Story This is not the only extension that allows for live streaming. Then there is InstaSaver. Here is a summary:
- is characterized by a simple and understandable interface;
- allows you to upload a variety of videos and photos posted to Instagram;
- Suitable for users of Opera and Yandex. Browser.
InstaSaver It's a popular program that downloads live on Instagram. Step-by-step instructions on how to use it:
- Install the necessary extension in Yandex. Browser or Opera?
- Open your social media profile.
- Complete the authorization process by entering your account details.
- Open the newsfeed.
- Stories and broadcasts will be posted on the right side of the page. Click on the icon that you plan to upload.
- Above the video on the right you will see a button for downloading as an arrow, click on it.
Once these steps are completed, the video will be downloaded.
Alternative Ways to Save Live Instagram Videos
You can download the video using mobile apps or special utilities. For example, owners of Apple products can use the Repost Stories program. It allows you to upload all photos and videos from the Stories feed. To start the file uploading process, you need to:
- Install the app.
- Enter your login and password from your Instagram account.
- Go to the main menu.
- Click on the desired broadcast by selecting "Saved to Gallery."
After that, the video will be uploaded to Photofilm. .; To download a live stream of Instagram, owners of Android-based smartphones can use analogues of this app:
- Story Saver is suitable for downloading both broadcasts and Stories.
- StorySave downloads not only live videos, but also standard publications.
Users who own iPhones can also save the broadcast by recording it from the gadget's screen. All they are required to do is:
- Start the right ether.
- Slip up to display the control panel on the screen.
- Activate the record button.
Performing these manipulations will trigger a three-second countdown, and shooting will begin. After the recording is stopped, all materials will be automatically saved to the Gallery. This method has several undeniable advantages. First, it is quite simple and understandable. And secondly, it allows you to upload not only video content, but also likes and comments that have been left by subscribers.