Instagram's work is focused primarily on smartphones and tablets. Recently, the interface of the official website has improved. Now it is possible to use it to view Stories publications, evaluate and comment on posts. But, despite this, the site still lacks the main features that have made the social network so popular - the ability to add photos to Instagram from a computer online.
In other words, it will not be possible to publish a picture via a PC in the standard way. To do this, a person will need to use third-party services. There are many different programs and sites on the Internet, through which you can use all the functionality of the Instagram network and not be blocked by the administration for violating any rules.
How to post a photo to Instagram from a computer
For starters, there are several ways to download content without using software or Web resources. One of the best options is the official Windows 8 PC app. It will also be suitable for later OS lines. All you have to do is go to the "Store," enter an Instagram query in the search bar, and install the app. After that, you should log in and start using. .; The interface here is almost no different from the mobile version.
To upload a photo to Instagram from your computer, click on the camera icon in the top left corner. Next, several options will be offered: take a picture now or upload the finished one.
If you persistently search for the ideal solution for publishing images from your laptop and try a large number of different options, sooner or later you can infect the device with a virus when installing the next software or lose your account when faced with an unscrupulous service that steals personal data. Of course, it is possible to check links to malicious elements every time and read reviews on the Internet, but even this does not provide 100% protection.
Want to know how to upload a photo to Instagram from your computer without installing any software or visiting third-party web resources? The entire process takes place on the official website via Google Chrome.
- You need to log in using your login and password, or log in via Facebook.
- After pressing the Ctrl + Shift + I shortcut, you should open the developer panel. You can also do this manually: in the upper right corner, press three vertical buttons, select "Additional Tools," then "Developer Tools."
- A vertical window will open on the right side of the screen. The top panel has a smartphone icon called "Toggle device toolbar," which copies how mobile devices work on a PC or laptop.
- After clicking on the "Toggle device toolbar," the screen format will change to the user's usual mobile version.
- After reloading the page Other features will appear, including the "Publish" button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Clicking on it will open a guide to folders, where you need to select the material you want and press the "Open" button.
So the photo is posted to Instagram from a computer without the need for additional tools.
Alternative ways to upload content
As already noted, there is no official application for publishing PC images. This may cause some inconvenience to users, but it does not prevent them from downloading content from their laptops. Today, the most popular software to download and install are the following types of applications:
- Gramblr for Windows devices of any line, as well as MAC OS X. The software interface is in English, but this is not a problem, because everything is intuitive.
- BlueStacks for all types of OS. The program is an emulator that runs Android applications on a computer. Instagram is not the only thing you can discover with BlueStacks. The menu includes a fully copied Play market from the mobile version. There are a lot of apps and games out there that are easy to install. BlueStacks allows you to upload a photo to Instagram via a computer.
- Various sites where, once registered and logged in from a social network account, you can also easily manage content. There are quite a few sites on the Internet that offer their services for uploading photos to Instagram from a computer. If the user is not able or willing to use the methods described above, he or she can publish content online on web resources. Despite the large number of different sites, they all have virtually the same method of use: first, you need to register; secondly, you need to login from your personal social network account; and thirdly, you need to use the tools and instructions offered to publish the material.
All of these methods, while not very original, allow you to do in the shortest possible time what cannot be done on the official Instagram site and publish photos and videos to your profile.
How to download photos on your PC
In addition to knowing how to upload a photo to Instagram from a computer, you need to be able to save your favorite images in high resolution. This can be done in several ways: using third-party resources and using developer tools. In the first case, it is enough to go to a web resource Gramotoo < / span > l, open the "Download post" section, insert a link to the publication, and click the "Download" button. The new window will open a photo in the original format, which can be downloaded. The second method does not require outsourcing of resources and tools:
- You need to go to your profile and select a publication.
- Next, right-click and select "View page code" in the window that appears.
- In the search string called Ctrl + F, enter the name of the image extension, jpg.
- In the resulting results, copy the link ending in the jpg extension and paste it into the address bar.
- You can save the photo to your computer or zoom in to view it.
Resolution of photos on Instagram
It is known that when posting pictures on Instagram, their quality is lost. This is for purely technical reasons. For ordinary users, it makes no practical sense to delve into all the nuances and principles of how the system works. Enough to know that all published images must have roughly the same resolution of 1024x512 pixels. Naturally, this is not categorical, but in order to achieve the aesthetic appearance of the profile, the user is recommended to use this format. Moreover, it is suitable for almost all popular social networks, whether Facebook, VKontakte or Twitter.
Previously, it was even smaller at 640x640 pixels. However, the development of the mobile device market, the introduction of more modern screens and improved cameras have not allowed the size to remain the same. This made it possible to upload and view higher-quality images. At the same time, there is no difference from which device the publication will be made: adding a photo to Instagram from a computer in online mode is carried out according to the same rules as from a smartphone. The images can now be magnified, and they won't lose much quality. .; For profiles of companies promoting and advertising their brand, a higher resolution of 1080x1080 pixels can be used.