The social network Instagram is a popular app where users from around the world can share photos and posts. Initially, the project was designed exclusively for smartphones. Recently, however, the administration of the resource has begun to actively develop the website. Although it cannot yet compete with the application in terms of functionality, it still manages to do some things with a PC via a browser.
For example, you can view other users "publications, subscribe to profiles, write comments, change settings, and view Stories. But the main features that have made the social network so popular - the ability to post photos and upload videos to Instagram from a computer - are still missing.
To enjoy all the privileges, you need to install an official app on your smartphone. It is only available on devices running the Android and iOS operating systems. There is no Instagram client on Windows Phone. The main problem here is that a person does not always have access to a mobile phone: it may be emptied, forgotten elsewhere, or unable to contain large-scale material that should be published on its page. If a person finds himself in such a situation, there is a sharp question about how to upload a video to Instagram from a computer.
There are several options: first of all, the user can install the official application on a laptop. You can do this in the "Shop": enter a name into the search bar, and then click on the "Install" button. This client works exclusively on devices running Windows 8 and later versions.
- After installation, you should log in (you can use Facebook or login and password). The difference from the mobile version is only in the interface. Other functions are retained here and can be used without restriction.
- To add a video to Instagram from your computer online, click the camera-shaped button in the top left corner of the screen.
- The system will then request permission to access the camera and microphone.
- By clicking the appropriate "Allow access to the camera" and "Allow access to the microphone" buttons, the user will consent to the use of these features.
- Then there is a choice: you can record the content or upload the finished one. The Explorer will open, where you should select the location folder and start the publishing process.
This is the easiest way to add videos to Instagram from a PC. However, not all devices support the app. For example, laptops running Windows 7 or a PC running Mac OC. In this case, it is necessary to look for workarounds for publishing content. Special programs and third-party online services specializing in social media services in general, and Instagram in particular, can help.
Nowadays, it is possible to add videos lasting no more than one minute to Instagram. This is the general rule for phones and laptops.
Before using third-party programs and web resources, it is important to remember that they do not guarantee the safety of the user's personal data, and will not be liable in the event of any problems with access to the profile.
How to upload a video to Instagram via PC
If the official PC version of the application does not work, you can use third-party resources. There is a huge amount of free software to run Android applications for all kinds of operating systems, whether Windows, OC, or Mac OS. The principle of their operation is to imitate all functions and features, including the interface: when you open the laptop screen, a window identical to the tablet appears; after downloading and installing the program is ready for use.
The most popular and proven software for uploading a post to Instagram from a computer is BlueStacks App Player . Its services are provided free of charge, but advertisements often pop up at work. To use the program, you need to go to the official website and click on the "Download BlueStacks" button. The site's interface is available in 15 different languages, including Russian. It is worth noting that BlueStacks App Player completely copies mobile stores. It features a huge number of games, apps, books, and other categories.
- After downloading and installing, you must log in to the app itself. You can register your account or use Gmail. After that, BlueStacks App Player will work as an emulator. Further, the process of using the program is no different from any Android device, except that it is controlled with a mouse and a keyboard.
- You need to open Google Play.
- Write a query in the search bar, find an app, and click the Install button. The download process is identical to a smartphone or tablet.
- After downloading, the Instagram client will be saved on the emulator screen of the Android device. It should be opened and logged in by entering a login and password or logging in via Facebook.
Now you can use the app as usual, as if it were from a real smartphone. To post a video to Instagram from a computer, you can follow a familiar pattern: click on the camera icon, select the desired file, and upload it.
Add videos to Instagram from your computer online
If a user does not want to install software on a PC, they can use sites that provide similar services. The whole process will take place online. For this, service is recommended SMMplanner . With it, you can make delayed posts to popular social networks. But there is also an instant publishing feature.
- First, you need to login on the site. If you don't have an account, you can register. The whole process will take no more than one minute.
- The next step is to connect an Instagram profile: select the "Accounts" category and from the suggested list, select the desired option.
- Enter your login and password from your account or log in via Facebook. The service is relatively safe. To date, there are no known cases where a user's profile has been hacked or stolen. However, you should change your password periodically (preferably after the procedure on the site).
- From the menu, select "Create a post" and post the video to Instagram from your computer.
After that, you have to wait a while for the record to be loaded and processed according to all the rules. Then you just have to check: go to your profile from the official Instagram site on your PC and open the post you just made.
Download video from Instagram to your computer
The social network makes it impossible to save records from either a smartphone or a PC. The only chance to download the video is to use third-party Web resources. Today, there are many options on the Internet: DreDown , Instagram , SaveDeo etc. d. Despite the diversity of the sites, they all operate in a similar scenario, offering services for downloading content from multiple social networks.
All you need from a user to download a video from Instagram to a computer is a hyperlink to the video. It is inserted into a special window, and after clicking on the "Download" button, you will be prompted to choose the format for uploading the video to your PC.