Instagram's authentication process is similar to other social networks. To enter a profile, enter the data specified during registration. However, it often happens that the user cannot access his page. This can be due to several reasons: first, the data provided are incorrect, and it is necessary to check the entered information again, second, the account is blocked for violating the rules, and third, the account has been hacked and stolen.
Regardless of what happens, users can always reset their Instagram passwords using standard methods, and the administration offers several options. Make sure your account has not been stolen: go to a social network from another device and search for a profile. If it has not changed (publications and nicknames have been saved), then access has been lost. .; Initially, Instagram was a mobile app for sharing photos and videos. So you need to learn how to reset your Instagram password from your smartphone.
If the system makes an error while trying to authorize, you should take advantage of its offer to restore access. To do this, select "Login Help." Because registration is linked to an email or Facebook account, the user will be offered appropriate ways to reset the data: by e-mail or by Facebook.
When restoring a profile via mail, the algorithm will be as follows:
- An email address associated with the account is entered.
- Next, go to the mail and wait for a letter from support.
- The email contains an active link that you can click on to reset your password.
- In the window that opens, there will be fields in which you need to specify a new access code and then repeat it for verification.
At the end of the procedure, you can reopen the app on your mobile phone and log in using the new data.
How to reset your Instagram password via Facebook
If a user has not logged on to their page for an extended period of time and login data has been lost, the system will redirect them to the home page. There will be several options: re-register or restore access to the old profile via Facebook (the only condition of this method is that the account must be linked to it). If all conditions are met, two steps must be taken:
- Open the Instagram app on a mobile device or open the site in a PC browser and click the "Log in via Facebook" button.
- Once logged in, the user will be redirected to the password reset page. There will be a form to fill in: enter the new access code twice.
Then you can go back to the app and try again to log in to your profile.
How to reset your Instagram password to your phone number
If a person does not remember an email address and has not linked a profile to Facebook, a mobile phone number can be used. It is listed when you register on Instagram.
To do this, you need to log in to the app on your phone and press the "Forgot?" button. In the window that opens, you can enter a nickname and choose a way to reset your Instagram password through your phone number. You can do this by clicking on the "SMS" button. By following these instructions, the user will be able to access his profile again.
- Next, you will be asked to select the country of residence code. You can select it from the list or start entering it yourself, after which it will automatically be determined.
- Next, enter the number associated with the account. Within one minute, it will receive a message from technical support.
- The message sent contains a link to follow. By clicking on it, the user will receive options for opening. It is recommended that you select "Instagram" and be sure to specify "Only now" to avoid opening links with the app later.
- The application opens a window in which you need to enter the new code twice.
The password has been recovered! Remember that phone number, along with email, is one of the main ways to steal accounts. Therefore, it is not recommended to distribute it on the Internet by pointing to various third-party sites (when registering), when subscribing to notifications, etc. d.
If an account has been hacked and a normal reset does not help, you can ask for help in recovering your rights. The key here is to react quickly, as there is a risk that hackers will delete the profile altogether. And that, as we know, is forever: the social network's policy does not allow for the return of a deleted account, even if the administration is provided with evidence of hacking. In this case, the user should again use the "Forgot?" button located on the home page of the app. In the window that opens, select "Support," then "Complaints," then select the appropriate reason: "Hacking your account." A person will be asked a series of questions to establish the authenticity of his or her rights. Then an email will arrive with further instructions for action.
How to reset your Instagram password from your computer
Recently, Instagram has been developing not only a mobile app, but also a site that already has all the charms and benefits of this social network: the ability to publish photos and videos, watch other users "content, subscribe to interesting profiles, post comments, post likes, and view friends" stories. But for all this, you need to have an account and be logged in. If you lose access, you can reset your Instagram password by clicking on a link in your email or using Facebook. As with a smartphone app, you can choose from several recovery options.
To do this, you need to open a browser and go to the official website of the social network. After clicking the "Forgot" button, the user will be taken to another section, where they will be prompted to enter the email address to which the page is linked, and then click the "Reset password" button. In a few minutes, an e-mail with an active link will arrive. When you open it, the user will be on another page, where you will need to enter the new code twice.
When you might need to reset your Instagram password
Information on how to restore access to a lost Instagram profile may be needed in several cases:
- If a user notices that his or her page has been hacked and third parties have access to his or her information.
- If the login data, whether code or nickname, has been forgotten.
- If you need to change your code (for example, if you logged in to a social network from a friend's phone and forgot to delete your account when you leave).
The process of recovering a password in a variety of ways - via a mobile phone number, email or Facebook - is virtually the same if you use an app on your smartphone or use a website (via a browser).