The parameters of the selling Instagram post < / span >
Since the birth of Instagram in 2010, users around the world have not only fallen in love with its colorful feed, but have also used it as a means to promote their brands. With its help, active entrepreneurs increase their incomes every day. And in this article, we will tell you how the selling Instagram post helps, with examples of real photos and texts.
What is a selling post? It is a post that triggers a user's desire to go to an account and perform a targeted action - subscribe to it, click on a link, or place an order in a directory. In other words, it is an advertising text that motivates the reader to fulfill the call it makes.
Doing so depends on how persuasively it is written, how the audience feels, whether it addresses the client's problems and provides solutions to their problems. When you write a selling post, it is important to bear in mind that Instagram is a social network where people come to look at beautiful pictures and interact. Therefore, the specifics of writing selling texts imply the ease and style of casual friendship with the use of attractive photos.
Speaking about this popular platform, it should be noted that it is important to use all platforms for information competently. And it's not just about the text under the photo. When you come up with a nickname for an account and fill in its cap, it is important to remember that all of this data should be used as selling and engaging information. And to do that, you need to know what the character limit is.
- The publication is 2,200 characters long, including spaces, about 300 words long.
- The nickname is up to 30 characters long. .; The account description is up to 150 characters long, with spaces and emoticons. There is also an "Address" field in the "Method of communication" section in the settings, where you can write additional information.
- Up to 30 hashtags are allowed by Instagram, but 10-15 tags are recommended.
How to write a selling post on Instagram in a way that involves it? There is no single recipe for everyone. In each case, however, it is always necessary to experiment with what works best and what needs to be changed to suit your situation. To do this, you need to know the characteristics and benefits of your product and what features your target audience has. And it is also recommended to keep track of competitors, after which all your promotion should be based on making both text and photos better and more attractive than they have.
The Role of Photography in Sales
This section requires special attention when posting content on Instagram. In all other social media, you can do without inspiring images. But not here. Because this is the main attribute that makes up the motley band of all publications to which you are subscribed. And thanks to them, each account has its own individual and unique design in the form of cute square images.
Photography is the first thing the reader will see in his feed. And before we get to the question of how to make a selling Instagram post, it's important what it will be. All further contact with the intended client depends on this. Whether he will go to read the text below it and then to the account itself or scroll through the tape further.
What does it take for a photograph to make you want to stop and get to know the brand further?
- Photo quality. .; Whether it's an amateur shot with the wrong lighting or a spectacular photo like in a glossy magazine, that's what will affect engagement and further engagement with you. Therefore, it is important to use quality material. To do this, you can organize a photo session or take an express course on taking photos on your smartphone.
- The product itself. .; From the image, it should be clear which product is in question. Here, it is important to use the imagination and present it at its best. Show its benefits and how unusual it can be used. If necessary, you can make a nice inscription on the photo. However, bear in mind that it must fit into the color scheme and look like a picture in a magazine.
- The WOW effect .; The picture should show the buyer the solution to his immediate need and present it in an emotional context, in order to arouse the reader's emotion of admiration and desire to move on.
This image shows a photograph that fulfills all the conditions to attract more potential buyers. It's a quality photograph, featuring a marked product in the form of a jewellery ring and an adorable dog as an unusual gift package that creates the desired "WOW" effect.
What else you need to know to use an image in a selling Instagram post? It's the format and size of the photos. Of course, you can ignore this and post pictures vertically or horizontally. In the general feed, this will look normal, but on the page where visitors first see nice squares, they may not be cut as you would like. Be especially careful with the inscriptions on them. Therefore, it is recommended to use square images of 612 x 612 pixels.
There are many different apps that will help you bring any photo to the right settings. And also apply different filters to them, make an inscription or collage of several shots. Here are the most popular.
- VSCO is the most popular app, with the most filters for every style, taste and mood.
- Snapseed offers a user-friendly interface and photo editing tools.
- Canva is a design tool that makes it easy to write a beautiful inscription and design any photo in an original way.
All of these apps are simply installed on a mobile phone. With their help, you can easily and quickly edit the image you want to publish. Having looked at it, your subscriber is sure to be interested and want to read the information under it.
Selling Instagram posts with sample texts
Where does the selling post begin? In all other cases, it starts with the title, and only on Instagram, with three lines. When you flip through the tape you see the picture itself and the beginning of the text. Most of it is hidden behind the word "still." For the reader to want to click this button and read the entire publication, it is necessary to know and use several secret actions.
Heading or retracting the beginning of a post
- The headline should go viral and be of key interest to the reader.
- If fantasy doesn't work to your liking, write the benefits of your product in the title. This makes it more likely to be discovered and read. Numerical headlines also attract attention.
- The first three lines on Instagram are about 100 characters. So make sure you include the entire headline or the beginning of the post.
In this example, we see 109 characters with spaces and the viral effect of an intriguing beginning.
When we click on the button back to the main text, we see that it is a publication that deals with the sale of children's plaid. It also lists its advantages: soft, tender, airy, warm, cozy, its characteristics: the size of the plaid is 100 x 100, its benefits: "In the center of the plaid you can make an applique, embroider the name of the baby!," the price, the time of manufacture and what you need to do to buy it. It also uses emoticons and an appeal to the reader.
Here is another example of a selling post in which a reader is offered a free product. Such an action is calculated to make friends with a potential client and in the future offer him already paid products.
At the beginning, it uses a trigger from Yitzhak Pintosiewicz.
In the sequel, we see the content of the product itself, for whom it is intended and how it can be obtained.
How long should the selling post be?
Instagram is supposed to be minimalist and write short posts. In reality, however, length is determined by the task it must perform and the warmth of the target audience.
- Shorts (up to 500 characters) are written for free or for the sale of a cheap product, as well as for a hot audience that is already familiar with and loyal to the product.
- Medium length (500 to 1,500 characters), such texts are suitable for a medium-priced product or service and a warm audience.
- Long (1,500 characters or more) for an expensive product segment and a cold audience that doesn't yet know about the product and needs more information about it.
That is why it is so important to know your product and your target audience. Based on this data, you decide how long a fast should be.
What else do you need to consider to write a selling post on Instagram?
- Tell us about the benefits of your product, what problems it solves, and what benefits it brings to your customers.
- Sell not characteristics, but benefits and emotions. Not a viscose dress, for example, but a lightweight summer dress that doesn't have to be ironed and sits perfectly on your figure.
- Clearly describe how to place an order, where you can find out more information about how long the delivery will take.
- Don't use complicated configurations and chancers; write text as easily as possible for a friend.
- Take advantage of the deficit effect. For example: "5 pieces left," "prices are valid for three days."
- At the end of the day, there has to be a powerful offer and a call to action.
- Edit the text. Reread it several times.
- Work on its visual appearance. Break it into paragraphs so it doesn't look like a sheet. Use shootouts and decorate the publication with emoticons. Write the hashtags at the end.
- Customer feedback is a good topic for a selling post. Give one convincing review and write to it: "Do you want the same result?"
- To encourage the reader to take targeted action, stand in the buyer's shoes and ask yourself the following questions: .; Do I want to buy this product? .; How will my life change with this product? Will it get better? .; Is this product and its terms better than other sellers on the market? .; It is necessary to write a post that will give the reader answers to these questions.
Consider more examples of selling publications with photos:
Here, the key advantages of location and price are listed at the beginning. Then we see the characteristics and how to contact about the acquisition.
This is a good example for a selling post with a review. Instead of a photo, a screen message is used, in which the customer emotionally listed all the advantages and benefits of the product. And already in the text the seller prescribes an offer to place an order.
Here we see a short post that emotionally lists the advantages, characteristics, and price of the product.
Finally, in order to consolidate all the information, we will compile an algorithm of actions in order to know at any moment how to correctly write a selling post on Instagram.
- Choose a quality photo.
- Write an engaging headline and start the post with up to 100 characters.
- We talk about the product using its benefits and advantages. Fill it with emotion.
- We provide detailed information on how to purchase the product.
- We call for targeted action - buy, order or go to the site.
- Add emoticons and hashtags.
That's all, in a nutshell, about how to make a selling post on Instagram, which in recent years has become a great platform for selling a variety of goods and services. Write selling posts and use them to turn your readers into an army of buyers. Good sales to you!