Stories is a convenient and effective tool for promoting both individual blogs and commercial business accounts on Instagram. Usually, Stories are shot directly from a smartphone in the form of a live broadcast or add photos captured in the moment. But with active page management, sooner or later there is a need to place already made content. This is where the problems begin, because often the app eats up the quality of the material or simply does not load it. We will explain how to avoid this and give practical advice.
How to upload a video to Instagram Story and how to download it from Storys
Go to your profile and find your avatar in a circle and with a blue plus. click on it. In some cases, to enter Storyz, you need to tap on the icon in the form of a house in the lower left corner and then on the camera in the upper left corner.
On the page that opens, you need to stay in "Normal" mode, but go to "Gallery." This is the extreme icon on the left side of the line. Choose the file you want to upload.
When you add content, the text "Recipient" will appear at the bottom right of the screen, and go to the next step. Select "Your Stories" to share. You can view the result by clicking on the avatar again. As a rule, the publishing process is instantaneous, but sometimes you have to wait a while or close-open an application.
Now we'll tell you how to post videos to Instagram Stories if there are more than one. It's simple. In Storey, the videos will be shown in sequence, almost without interruption. Go into broadcast mode, as you did last time, to the Gallery and click on the "Select a few" icon (two squares on the right), then simply tick the boxes on the content you plan to post. Then follow the usual Recipient-Share-Done algorithm. Take a look at the screenshot of what the icon looks like.
How to remove Stories
Go to the edited Stories, open the list in the bottom corner and tap on the appropriate option. The Settings specify who will see and comment on the video, whether it can be shared with other users, and where the material is automatically saved. If you click "Save," Storey will appear in one of the "Gallery" albums on your smartphone. The heart is highlighted at the bottom of the screen to immediately add content to the highlights (current). It's a ribbon under the profile cap.
In it, bloggers organize their best notes. Selling accounts post goods, prices, and working conditions in this format. This is a very convenient feed for subscribers, as they do not need to search for it on the hashtag and throughout the page.
How to download videos from Instagram Stories
No additional tools are needed to preserve its Stores. All you have to do is go to "Settings" from the "More" menu in the lower right corner of the ether and check if the sliders opposite "Save to Archive" in the "Gallery" are shifted.
It's a bit more complicated with other people's records. If it's a photo or you need one shot from a video, take a screenshot. On each model, this is done differently, by a combination of keys or other means. To receive the full broadcast on your device, use the program StorySaver .
You can also install extensions for Google Chrome and download the material to your computer or laptop. In one of the tools Chrome IG Story archive downloads all user stories. In another? Web for Instagram Each individually. To find these add-ons, follow these steps:
- Go to the browser settings (upper right corner).
- Select Advanced Tools.
- Go to Extensions.
- At the bottom left of the screen, click on the "Online Store."
- Enter the name of the addition in the search bar and activate it.
In the first case, you select a subscriber from a list of friends or search for him in the box on the right by hashtag, geo-tag, name. Save by using the black arrow next to the name.
In the second software, also find the accounts or hashtags that suit you, open Stories, and click on the blue arrow.
How to post a video to Instagram in good quality and why the app spoils it
There are two reasons for the unfortunate Stories: the original condition of the material or the inappropriate size for Instagram. Most files are supported when downloaded. Check out their list on this Reference . But to get a correct display, the social network recommends using content with the following characteristics:
- Full-size or vertical images 9: 16.
- Resolution: 720p.
- Code: H264.
You can also share horizontal Stories with your audience. To do this, narrow or expand it on the screen with your fingers. There is a second way to download from Marketplace application and adjust to the required format in the editing process.
How to add and crop a video to Stories on Instagram if it's long
A video shot on a camera or phone that lasts longer than 15 seconds (the maximum duration of an Instagram post) is seamlessly included in the broadcast. To do this, you will need to install additional software. You can't make a cut right on a social network. Content will simply be trimmed to an acceptable time, that is, not fully added. Find one of these programs in the store:
- YouCut . Convenient utility with a lot of functions for installation. Upload the material, tap the "Trim" icon in the form of scissors, and select the divide tab. Manually, use the slider on the thumbnail to set the value.
- Video Splitter . It's a very simple app, with only one option: slice the video into fragments.
- Crop Video < / span > . Free, powerful software for working with records.
Why not upload a video to Instagram Stories
There are several reasons why it is sometimes impossible to publish.
- Lack of Internet connection speed. Check this figure in the Speedtest utility. There are versions for different operating systems.
- The need to update your smartphone's firmware. Go to your phone's settings and check if it's time to install updates.
- An old version of Instagram. Go to the Market, to your apps. If there is a sign opposite saying "Update," click it.
- Program failure. Close your account and reopen it.
- Device problems. In this case, try resetting the settings.
How to shoot a video to Instagram Stories
This process is easier than adding finished content, as you don't need to adjust to Stories with the format. In addition, it is more interesting for users. Click on the blue plus avatar or on the camera in the top left corner of the home page and select the appropriate mode. Then hold the round button in the middle. Today, several are available:
- Superzoom. Rapid approach to the object, which is filmed and accompanied by music.
- Boomerang. Repeated actions.
- Reverse shooting. All movements are reproduced in reverse.
How many seconds of video in Instagram Stories
In the simple version, the videos also last 15 seconds. Then the recording will end, and to start a new one you will need to save the previous one or send it directly to Stories. After that, go into shooting mode and press the white round button. Live broadcasts last as long as you decide to stay on the air. Once you leave it, the connection will be severed and viewers will no longer be able to see the note. For this reason, the audience is warned in advance of the meeting. Other types of fasting are very short, lasting no more than 5 seconds.
How to upload a video to Instagram Stories to make it effective
Simply put, how can this application function be used? We mentioned at the beginning that Stories are useful for promoting business accounts. But only if they are done right. Boring, one-of-a-kind Stories no one will want to watch. There are several ideas for engaging content that will appeal to subscribers and lead to new ones.
- Do the polls. In this way, you will learn the audience's opinion of the product or its preferences.
- Organize games and competitions. Create tasks that are difficult to solve with Google. Actions by users will improve the account's performance and it will be found by more people interested in you.
- Show useful instructions, workshops. Interesting and materials are usually shared with friends. This leads to better statistics and increases the confidence of potential customers.
- Shoot reports from behind the scenes of your company. Employees "workplace, production process, events.
- Make announcements of new products, services, events.
- Post interviews with opinion leaders.
Decorate your airwaves with stickers, animations, and surveys that are available in Stories creation mode. You can also add hashtags, dates, emojis, draw, and write text over the image. You will see all of these features when you select a file from the gallery. Several icons will appear at the top right of the screen: sticker, pencil, sound, and letters. Be sure to put geo-tags and active links, mark users, friendly blogs. This increases the likelihood that you will be found by people interested in the product or your subject matter.
This article provides a detailed guide to how to upload videos to Instagram Stories. As you can see, the process is quite simple in technical terms. If you want to make useful Storys, pay attention to the content and visual component as well. Quality broadcasting + beautiful picture + interesting content = key to success.